PDA

View Full Version : Old project Update (pics)

Jerry Olexa
07-17-2004, 4:32 PM
Few years ago, built these two cedar benches.( Lots of mort/ten and dowels). Last year, one of them was vandalized and pretty badly destroyed. With advice from Jim Becker, I used some loose tenons and improvising and got it back on its feet. Thanks again to Jim! When I first built them, I opted for the natural gray color cedar turns into ,which I now regret.
My wife said I should not display these as "these are not your best work"!
Anyway here they are! You guys always say"send pictures"! Jerry:)

Jerry Olexa
07-17-2004, 4:36 PM
OOOpps! Here we go again. Hopefully here are pics of my ill fated project!!

Jerry Olexa
07-17-2004, 5:01 PM
Again... I need to learn to downsize file sizes, :o

Jerry Olexa
07-17-2004, 5:06 PM
I give up!! To get it down, I went to 33, then to 25. Now you need a magnifying glass. Well, it hides the poor workmanship!! Enjoy (laughing)!:confused:

Jerry Olexa
07-17-2004, 5:33 PM
Here we go again.... Think I taught myself how to do this. Reduced these to 25% of original?! (More laughter will follow .. Wish we could preview) Jerry

Terry Stapleton
07-17-2004, 8:07 PM
If you ever decide that you aren't satisfied with those benches and decide to make new ones, just remember that I am first in line for the old ones! That looks like a really cozy, landscaped area. The benches, in spite of what you see, look great there.

Jason Tuinstra
07-17-2004, 8:20 PM
Jerry, the benches look nice. Looks like they've weathered just fine. I really like your yard as well. Looks like you get some nice shade along with the beauty of some nicely kept flowers. It looks like a nice relaxing place to have a sit every now and then.

Jim Becker
07-17-2004, 8:35 PM
Jerry, I'm also partial to the weathered look on these benches...they look more like they belong there, rather than have been added! "Comfortable" :)

John Miliunas
07-17-2004, 11:28 PM
Very, very nice, Jerry! :) Yeah, and it looks like a million or so M/T joints! :eek: Nice job. Looks very inviting! :cool:

David Klug
07-17-2004, 11:48 PM
Jerry the pictures came out great on my computer. I like the benchs and your yard.

DK

Jerry Olexa
07-19-2004, 11:45 AM
Thanks to all of you for your kind remarks!! My wife is responsible for 90% of the landscaping. I only do the "grunt" work is she'll let me. The trees of course have been there many years! My current/next project(s) are more furniture oriented. Thanks again! You're a good group!! Jerry:)