PDA

View Full Version : Little wood gloat of my own

Doug Jones
07-17-2004, 4:22 PM
A friend of mine Dave M., came by the house this morning asking if I wanted some wood from a barn he knew of (the owner wanted the wood out of his place). Thinking it was some small stuff and few boards I said sure so we went for a drive and this is what I brought home. Mostly hackberry (my personal favorite) and a few other stuff. Mostly 10' long and quite a few of 8/4 stuff. At least one board of cherry, a few narrow oak pieces and maybe some sasafrass. I like free wood.

Jason R., if you read this, email or PM me. It might be worth your time.

Waymon Campbell
07-17-2004, 4:31 PM
Nice haul Doug. Man, I wish I had friends like you have.

Jerry Olexa
07-17-2004, 5:10 PM
Lucky you! Good Haul!! Jerry:)

Kent Cori
07-17-2004, 5:39 PM
Okay, now that you've had your gloat (and turned the rest of us green with envy :o ), what are you going to make with it?

Doug Jones
07-17-2004, 7:46 PM
Just cut the end off one of the lighter color boards and ran it through the planer. What I thought was hackberry may not be hackberry. Gloat gone bad,,, but wait just one minute, its still free wood. My favorite kind. Gloat gone good again.

John Miliunas
07-17-2004, 11:33 PM
Obtaining nice wood is a gloat. The same wood at a good price is a better gloat. The above wood for zero dinero is a best gloat! :D Can't wait to see what comes of it! :cool:

Terry Hatfield
07-17-2004, 11:36 PM
Doug,

NICE!!! Free is good!!!

Terry