PDA

View Full Version : A bed for my girl

Bob Hallowell
03-09-2009, 11:56 AM
It's not fine woodworking but my wife and daughter love it. It's just 3 sections of mdf boxes with a slat down the middle ( it was not screwed down in the pics). My wife is going to buy baskets for the cubbies. They saw a pic on the pottery barn website and that's how I came up with the idea.

Thanks for looking,
Bob

GERALD HARGROVE
03-09-2009, 12:29 PM
The bed looks great and your little girl looks very happy with the out come.

alex grams
03-09-2009, 3:00 PM
It also keeps your kid from using under the bed as a place to shove everything when you tell her to clean her room.

Good thing my parent's didn't have a bed like that for me. I was a master of cramming everything under the bed.

Nice Design

Bob Hallowell
03-09-2009, 3:29 PM
LOL's but there are cubbies on the other side with about a foot of clearence to the wall, I am sure those will get used as cramming location in the future,

Bob

It also keeps your kid from using under the bed as a place to shove everything when you tell her to clean her room.

Good thing my parent's didn't have a bed like that for me. I was a master of cramming everything under the bed.

Nice Design

Jim Becker
03-09-2009, 8:46 PM
I think that is an outstanding and practical solution for a child's room! Bravo. Nice execution!

John Thompson
03-10-2009, 9:58 PM
Very clever idea that turns dead space into useful space. Nice job...

Sarge..

Shawn Christ
03-10-2009, 10:10 PM
Bob, that is one of the simplest yet most attractive projects I've seen in a while. Well done. Perhaps you could share details on your finish - was it sprayed?

Mark Norman
03-10-2009, 11:18 PM
If all the toys fit under the bed,,, then the room is considered clean right?

Good job on the bed, She looks like a princess on her throne..

Steve Schlumpf
03-11-2009, 9:48 AM
Bob - great idea! Your daughter looks very happy with her new bed! Love the 'Princess' colors!

Bob Hallowell
03-11-2009, 2:02 PM
Bob, that is one of the simplest yet most attractive projects I've seen in a while. Well done. Perhaps you could share details on your finish - was it sprayed?

Shawn,
It was just rolled on with 2 coats of zinger primer and 2 coats of paint. The paint job looks pretty good up close.

Bob