PDA

View Full Version : Wood Gloat and Visit w/'Creeker!

Waymon Campbell
07-17-2004, 1:59 PM
I just got back from a business trip to Dallas and had the opportunity to visit with Mike and Frank at Curly Woods in McKinney. If you ever get the opportunity I would highly recommend a visit. These guys not only are helpful, knowledgeable, and very customer oriented; they have some exceptional stock as well. I have no affiliation with them (wish I did, maybe I would get a discount on wood! :D ). Sorry, no pix of me and the gents (I was too busy drooling in the wood aisles ;) ).

I do have pix of what I liberated from their stock...

The 4/4 bloodwood will become a table top for a sofa-type table for my church. The 4/4 canarywood is for a jewelry box for LOML. The 10/4 curly walnut will be table legs and apron for the church sofa table.

The alzelia burl and spalted tamarino are party favors for the upcoming Five Barns Picnic.

Jason Tuinstra
07-17-2004, 2:08 PM
Looks like you had some fun. I'm excited to see what you do with that walnut. Looks like it has some nice figure. Congrats.

Rob Littleton
07-17-2004, 3:08 PM
Thats some rare OSB you got there :-)

Nice score...

Jack Hogoboom
07-17-2004, 4:38 PM
Waymon,

Love the wood, especially the Bloodwood. Do they do business over the internet?

Jack

Keith Outten
07-17-2004, 5:37 PM
Jack,

Your in luck! Mike Mastin (of Curley Woods) just happens to be a member of The Creek. You can send him a private message and I'll bet he can help you if your looking for lumber. Click on the link below to go to Mike's listing, check out the last number, Mike is member number 189 so hes been a member from almost the first day.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/member.php?u=189

Waymon, I see some beautiful pens in that blood wood board :)

Waymon Campbell
07-17-2004, 5:47 PM
Waymon, I see some beautiful pens in that blood wood board :)

Keith - You read my mind. Any cutoffs from the table project will be available as pen material :cool: .

Mike Mastin
07-17-2004, 9:26 PM
It was a pleasure meeting you Waymon and the business was sincerely appreciated.

We do indeed ship all across the US regularly. In fact we started out as a strictly web based business, but so many people kept coming to see us we had to open a retail location and hire employees :-)
Frank is a super guy and my right arm at the shop. I will pass along your thoughts to him. We are always excited to meet Creekers' at Curly Woods :-)

John Miliunas
07-17-2004, 11:25 PM
Nice score, Waymon! :) All that I"ve ever heard about Mike and Curly Woods has always been very positive and you've just re-enforced that notion! Can't wait to see the completed projects! :cool: