PDA

View Full Version : Pin-Up Girl Clip Art anyone?

Teryl Bishop
03-09-2009, 8:58 AM
Hi all. Thanks for reading.
I have a customer who would like an engraving of a 60's era pin up girl and I'm having problems finding something acceptable. Now I know Frank can probably run to his mattress and pull something out from under it for me :eek:, and I hope he does, but if anyone can help it would be appreciated.

Frank Corker
03-09-2009, 9:11 AM
I've sent you a private message Teryl, I'm sure I have what you want.

Dan Hintz
03-09-2009, 9:27 AM
60's era? When I think of pin-up girl, I think along the lines of 40's, like what they were painting on the side of bombers during the war. In fact, that may give you some good keywords to search on.

Like this:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_K9_5TjnXM-g/SVlMuzotrjI/AAAAAAAAAu8/QRD8i3_WQKA/s400/pinup_girl_5.jpg

Though there were quite a few more racey ones. I simply searched for "pin-up girl" on Google images.

Teryl Bishop
03-09-2009, 3:02 PM
Never doubt the power of FRANK! He is the absolute greatest. Thank you! You've come through for another of your followers.:D:D:D.

Bill Cunningham
03-10-2009, 9:48 PM
Sheesh.. Can you post what he sent you! Now that you have our curiosity up.. or is ti 'tooo pin-upy':D
i.e. Vargas was probably the best..!!

Frank Corker
03-10-2009, 9:57 PM
It's too pinupy for you, you would never get any work done!

Keith Outten
03-11-2009, 5:14 AM
There used to be a Usenet News Group dedicated to Pin-up girl art work. I expect it still exists, if so you should be able to find hundreds of thousands of these pictures. Years ago I found pictures of WWII Bomber Nose Art from that particular News Group and lots of early 1900's Garage style calendars.