PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Stamp Products

Jim Watkins
03-08-2009, 11:33 PM
I have an update on some products I have been testing.

Millinium Marking - I had a man by the name of Walt Urias come to my home and demo his products. He supplied samples of the No Odor rubber products he had and I was impressed with the lack of smell during our tests. His self inking stamps were very good and he provided the most samples of any of the three I have looked at. He had his pricing catelog sent to me for my review prior to his arrival and we were able to talk at lengh about the business. I recommend talking to Walt if you need Laser Rubber or self inking stamps.

MSM Marking - MSM also had some Laser rubber which I could detect pretty much no odor. I only received one self inking stamp which I have not tried out yet but it looks as though it would work out fine. However I have followed up with multiple requests for a price catelog for all their products. I have not received any as of yet. I'll keep you apprised. I would buy their Laser rubber for the lack of smell, but I don't know how much it is...

Cosco - Provided me with a pricing catelog, two pieces of Laser rubber and two self inking stamp samples.

Positives - Self inking stamps were nice. One of their line, the "Green Line" is made of 85% recycled plastic products. I liked that very much as it would appeal to many people who, like me, like to hug trees... :D I would be interested in buying the self inking stamps. The Laser Rubber burned well and made a clean cut, BUT...
Negatives - I asked for No Odor laser rubber and what I was sent smelled really bad. It still has my house and garage really smelling badly. I sent them a note on it and my hope is that they may have sent the wrong product. We'll see...
Trodat - I have written them an email to see about sample products to test especially since they compare their product on their website to some of the ones I already tested. I wrote them a month ago and have not received a note back yet. I re-wrote them again tonight and will see if they get back to me. Not a good start I would think...

My settings so far on my 45W Epilog is:
Raster - 15-20% Speed/100% Power/600DPI
Vector - 15% Speed/100% Power/200PPI

At those settings I get a good image/text and clean cut on the vector.

Thoughts welcome...

Jim...

Mike Chance in Iowa
03-09-2009, 6:03 PM
I haven't worked with stamps, but your post was very thorough and informative. If I decide to pursue stamps in the future, your post will be a great resource for myself and many others.

Thank you.

Roland Kramer
03-09-2009, 7:12 PM
Hi Jim,

I've been doing a fair amount of self-inking rubber stamps. I have a background in banking and have been able to generate some regular business for myself in that area. I use Cosco and they have been wonderful to work with. I use their odorless laser rubber and it works beautifully. Their 2000+ line of stamps is very reliable. I was told they only sold the odorless rubber in boxes of 10 sheets which cost me around $115. It was a bit of an investment but it goes a long way. I've also done several art stamps that attach to an adhesive static cling foam pad called EZ Mount for use on acrylic stamping blocks.

My rep at Cosco is Keith Betti and he's been great to work with. I got as many free price sheets and catalogs as I wanted plus a CD full of high res and web ready images of all their products.

I do two passes to cut a stamp. The first pass is rastor only at speed 30% power 100% The second pass is combined with rastor settings at speed 25% power 100%. Vector settings are: speed 15% Power 100% Freq 100. I typicall work at 600 dpi.

Bill Cunningham
03-10-2009, 9:59 PM
I do two passes to cut a stamp. The first pass is rastor only at speed 30% power 100% The second pass is combined with rastor settings at speed 25% power 100%. Vector settings are: speed 15% Power 100% Freq 100. I typicall work at 600 dpi.

Does the mini not have a Stamp mode? My TT has a stamp mode that does the correct raster with good shoulder slope and finishes off with a vector cut.. you only have to do two hairlines around the image area, (boundry and fence)and flip it. The driver etches the relief, the image with the correct sloping shoulder all in one pass, and then the cut ..

George Brown
03-14-2009, 8:29 AM

My rep at Cosco is Keith Betti and he's been great to work with.

Do you have a web site for them?

Steve McKee
03-14-2009, 9:37 AM
Do you have a web site for them?

http://www.coscoindustries.com/

George Brown
03-14-2009, 9:43 AM
Thank you.