PDA

View Full Version : Wud Up wid Dat??

Tyler Howell
07-17-2004, 12:13 PM
While in search of hand and power tools for my troops last week I demo-ed 4 cordless C saws. No guts in any of them but they all had the blade on the left side. As I've whined before, I'm left handed and can't get use to my PC C saw, now they were all on the left side.
Is there a cordless with the Blade on the right:confused:.
I would think with DC you could place the windings and blade anywhere the Man. wanted???

Ken Garlock
07-17-2004, 1:50 PM
Hey Tyler, how goes it :)

I don't have an answer for your problem, but may be you can pass me some info. I am considering a trim C saw, one with the 3.5 - 5.5 inch blade. Have you played with these junior members of the Circ. saw family :confused:

BTW, I read yesterday that Milwaukee Tools is for sale by their Swedish parent company. I surely hope this doesn't turn into a buy and liquidate operation down the road.

Tyler Howell
07-17-2004, 4:02 PM
Hey Ken,
I tried the little 14.4 vdc (3.5"??) trim saw by Makita it was the only one I think I would consider. Yah, I'm a turquoise kinda guy. Mostly because I've gone 14.4 Bat. on all my other cordless toyls. There's no delusion as to it's abilities. Strictly close quarters, flat work. You could get a 2X out of it if you had the time. $$$ Pricy$$$. All the others seamed so unwieldy.
Yes clumsy with the right hand but I didn't find any with good balance or comfort. Haven't ruled them out, but for the time being!!!!
I'm liking the PC corded trim saw like Norm's. Heard nothing but good stuff about it.

Ken Garlock
07-17-2004, 7:11 PM
Thanks Tyler.

I know what you mean about $$$. Yes, I like the Mikita products too. The fellow who framed our house would only use Mikita C saws. They say the Mikita beats the Milwaukee.

I was looking at the various trim cordless saws and heck, they get noticeably more for the little dudes than for the 7" saws. Maybe some day, they fall into the "nice to have", but definitely not a must have. :)

Happy hunting for the southpaw saw.