PDA

View Full Version : review of Steelex 6"jointer from grizzly

Joe Dowdy
03-08-2009, 8:53 PM
Bought the Steelex 6"jointer from Grizzly about two weeks ago, After really taking a close look its the same as the Delta JT360 Jointer
for alot cheaper,the box actually said shop fox in small print. One thing is the copiouse amount of oil that had to be cleaned off. Set up was desent from the factory. The performance is pretty good as well, The edge is good and dosent require any planing as well. The only drawback I can see is it's only a 3/4 HP. Hope this helps anyone looking for a good deal.......

Wayne Ilfrey
07-20-2009, 3:11 PM
Hey Joe, (and anyone else using this jointer) now that you have had it awhile how is it holding up? I am seriously considering one myself.
Thanks.

Joe Dowdy
07-20-2009, 4:43 PM
well all in all it dose a decent job my only complaint is it keeps blowing sawdust back up out the cutter hole however this may be because I left the back belt housing cover plate off. I am planning on puting it on and checking to see if it is indeed what is cause the lack of dust collection. The finnish is pretty ruff but the table and fence are both flat. The adjustments arnt the best in the world but they do work just fine. I guess basically, it is down and dirty but gets the job done. As a first jointer I am very pleased given the price tag.

I hope this helps