PDA

View Full Version : Winchester Chisel

Leo Voisine
03-08-2009, 9:05 AM
I have a 1/2 wide chisel.

It is maked with Winchester on it.

I worked at Winchester for several years and never knew they made a chisel.

It might be a promo item

It is quite old - I am guessing early 1900's

Does anybody have any info on a Winchester chisel

Leo

Rob Luter
03-08-2009, 2:01 PM
I think that was made by the same folks that made Keen Kutter tools. I'm sure there will be some folks from the St. Louis area that could verify.

Jim Koepke
03-08-2009, 2:06 PM
I know there were a lot of tools with the Winchester name emblazoned upon them.

There are Winchester collectors who will just eat this stuff up.

Here is a link from a previous post about Winchester here in the cave that has some more information.

http://www.thckk.org/history.htm

jim

John Powers
03-08-2009, 4:44 PM
Leo, I got $116.00 for a Winchester draw knife. Todd tipped me off to its collectability. The guy who bought it had paid over $200.00 for a little can of Winchester Oil. Seems there are people collecting everything.....at least till they get laid off.

Leo Voisine
03-08-2009, 5:38 PM
I didn't realize this was worth that much money.

While I worked at Winchester I received a pile of Winchester paraphenelia - or however you spell that.

This chisel is one that a friend just gave to me. He said it has been in the family since his great grandfather.

It is made in such a way that it is real obvious that it is at least early 1900's

With some info from the history link, I am guessing at is vintage about 1919 or so.

Not for sale - this is now part of my personal stuff and I will use it daily.

Interesting thing for sure.

I found everything about Winchester very interesting.

Matt Ranum
03-08-2009, 8:34 PM
I was cleaning up some auger bits from a recent purchase and to my surprise found the Winchester name on one there as well.

Never had Winchester tools, but love my guns.:D

Fred Krow
03-08-2009, 8:58 PM
In the 1930's Winchester had their name on many products, it was all discontinued durning WWII. Flashlights, woodworking tools, knives and many other products.

Regards,
FK