PDA

View Full Version : wanted: Relay For Life logo

J Porter
03-07-2009, 11:14 PM
I've requested permission to use their logo out of courtesy since it's not required for a non-profit group. I also requested a better logo than is downloadable from their web site but I haven't rec'd it yet.

Would someone care to share? The gifs and jpegs on the web are just not very good. Maybe you know of a good source?

TIA
~Joe

Gary Hair
03-08-2009, 4:00 AM
I've requested permission to use their logo out of courtesy since it's not required for a non-profit group. I also requested a better logo than is downloadable from their web site but I haven't rec'd it yet.

Would someone care to share? The gifs and jpegs on the web are just not very good. Maybe you know of a good source?

TIA
~Joe

I think you might want to check with an attorney about that statement. Their logo is trademarked. If the trademark didn't mean anything due to their non-profit status then why would they bother? I'm not saying I know you are wrong, but I just can't believe that you are right...

Gary

Steve Clarkson
03-08-2009, 7:44 AM
Gary's right......try using the Boyscouts logo or the Girlscouts logo.....they're both non-profits......see how fast they sue you to stop using theirs.

Mike Null
03-08-2009, 7:59 AM
Their website offers permission to use their logo if you sign their agreement. Then you can download it from there. If it isn't good enough maybe you can trace it.

Dan Hintz
03-08-2009, 9:47 AM
As others have said, guaranteed incorrect. What if I decide to use their logo to advertise my fundraiser but had no intention of giving them any of the money? They can sue me for false advertising, using their trademark without permission, etc. Damages can get pretty high on such a suit, well beyond any money I might pull in.

What are you doing that you need to use their logo without permission anyway?

Belinda Barfield
03-09-2009, 7:30 AM
I worked with RFL for years. The Amedican Cancer Society is very particular about how thier logos are used. Contact your local ACS and they will provide artwork if they approve of the intended use.

J Porter
03-10-2009, 1:46 PM
LOL... what I said is not what you heard... :)

I guess I should have thought twice about how my statment might be interpreted.

I wasn't referring to RFL as being non-profit, I was referring to the local group holding the rally and for which the award is being made.

RFL replied saying they are weeks behind in granting permissions.
Oh well...