PDA

View Full Version : Good Neighbors are a Blessing!

Tom Veatch
03-07-2009, 3:37 PM
The other night, my neighbor stopped by, and over coffee mentioned that he had been remodeling an old house and has a bunch of junk in the back of his truck. He thought I might like to look at it before he took it to the dump. We looked at it. And since he was so nice about offering it, I didn't want to hurt his feelings by refusing the offer.

Almost 160 bd ft of 13/16" x 5 1/2" x 102" T&G Walnut panel boards. The edges are pretty beat up from the removal, but it looks like I should be able to rip those off, plane off the lands on the back, trim the ends and wind up with 59 sticks of walnut about 3/4" x 4 1/2" x 8' - about 130 bd ft (calculated from finished dimensions).

Now I've just got to figure out what to do with them.

I know without pictures, it didn't happen so here they are. This is about 1/3 of the haul after ripping off one of the damaged edges.

Jack Ellis
03-07-2009, 3:40 PM
If you can't figure out what to do with them, ship 'em to me. I'm sure I can find a worthy project. :)

Mark Norman
03-07-2009, 4:12 PM
I'm sure you will figgure out something to make with all that lumber.

Tom Veatch
03-07-2009, 4:33 PM
If you can't figure out what to do with them, ship 'em to me. I'm sure I can find a worthy project. :)

I'm sure you will figgure out something to make with all that lumber.

I don't think I have to worry, SWMBO is frantically searching through back issues of my WW magazine collection looking for a bookcase/amoire/something she saw that she thought was so pretty. Maybe there'll be some fancy stuff on it that'll give me an excuse to go tool shopping.:D

Dewey Torres
03-07-2009, 4:46 PM
Make sure to come back to us once you / your wife figures out what to do with them. Should make for a great project (or two!).

Don Bullock
03-07-2009, 8:32 PM
Tom, that's quite a gloat!!!! I sure wish I had a neighbor like that.

Shucks, Jack you beat me to it.:rolleyes: I know exactly where I could use that much walnut.:D

Bill Houghton
03-07-2009, 11:09 PM
Nice of you not to hurt his feelings.

David Christopher
03-07-2009, 11:15 PM
nice gloat...youre right it is good to have friends