PDA

View Full Version : Bies Spreader for the PM 66

Tyler Howell
07-17-2004, 7:50 AM
I'm in the midst of installing the Bies Splitter for my 66. There is a Jack Screw on the saw for mounting the receiver for the Bies (this is also where the standard splitter goes).
Instructions say to wack off the head of the screw with a metal lathe for squareness.
I know I can get that off of there with out damaging the threads. This is a pricy 3/4" fine thread machine screw with a set of threads inside and out

Have any of you delt with this??? I am very willing to follow the path of reason;)
Thanks

Dick Parr
07-17-2004, 8:29 AM
I sent you an email. Take a look.

Tyler Howell
07-17-2004, 8:58 AM
I sent you an email. Take a look.Thanks Dick

Steven Wilson
07-17-2004, 11:32 AM
Tyler,

If you need help with the splitter install give me a call (651) 683-0604. You shouldn't need to machine a flat spot on the jack screw. If the jack screw is way out of whack then machining it would be a good idea. However, since this screw doesn't move once it's set you can also use shim material to bring it square. If you need some shim material I have plenty at the house.

Steve

Tyler Howell
07-17-2004, 11:56 AM
Thanks Steve,
I guess you are going to have to make the trip into the City, and bring some sand paper with you.
I'll give you a call. TJH;)

Tyler Howell
07-18-2004, 12:56 PM
Look what I found!!! :eek: A very close replica of the jack screw for the manufactured splitter and blade guard is located on the out rigger for same. This however is black metal rather than plated and is cut with more threads so it will seat deeper in the trunnion permitting alignment. Haven't checked all the key performance parameters yet but just eye balling it, looks good.
More to come.;)

John Weber
07-18-2004, 8:00 PM
Tyler,

I was a little confused my that myself and called, Biesemeyer. I forget the reason, but it's basically no big deal. No machining required, and it all bolted up just fine.

Looks good, lets see some sawdust.

John

Tyler Howell
07-18-2004, 9:17 PM
[QUOTE=John Weber]Tyler,

I was a little confused my that myself and called, Biesemeyer. I forget the reason, but it's basically no big deal. No machining required, and it all bolted up just fine.

Looks good, lets see some sawdust.

Thanks John actually got a little saw dust going there.
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=84403#post84403 (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=84403#post84403)

Trying everything, the shiny jack screw would not seat deep enough to align the spreader. Maybe I should stick to my mentor Red Green and not read the instructions;) .