PDA

View Full Version : Domino without DC

Craig D Peltier
03-06-2009, 8:38 PM
Will the Domino work just fine without DC. Im not too worried at all about the shavings it creates or spews out.

Eduard Nemirovsky
03-06-2009, 8:58 PM
I don't think so. But best place to check will be Festool Owners Group forum.
Ed.

Dan Lee
03-06-2009, 9:00 PM
Nope need to have a Vac connected

John Keeton
03-06-2009, 9:03 PM
Craig, I am new to the Domino, and from my limited use I would think it would eventually not do as well without DC. The chips do accumulate in the machine.

However, I have a small portable Shop Vac I have had for years to clean out the vehicle interior with, and it works perfectly on the Domino. The hose connector will slip over the port on the Domino and the DC is perfect. More noisy than the $400-500 Festool model, but 10 times cheaper!!

Bob Marino
03-06-2009, 9:39 PM
Craig,

As stated, you do need a vac, but any vac will work well.

Bob

frank shic
03-06-2009, 9:42 PM
not work well? that's an understatement! the poor domino will choke on the chips after the second plunge! i have mine hooked up with an adaptor to a ridgid shop vac.

Rick Neal
03-06-2009, 11:03 PM
I used mine with out a dc, but not normally it was a small remote job. What i did do was blow the domino with compress air after each plunge.

Rick Fisher
03-07-2009, 2:00 AM
I run mine without a Vac when I am in a hurry. It really slows me down .. cleaining it out... but I still do it.. :rolleyes:

Hey... I think I have an idea..

Mats Bengtsson
03-07-2009, 8:06 AM
I run mine without a Vac when I am in a hurry. It really slows me down .. cleaining it out... but I still do it.. :rolleyes:

Hey... I think I have an idea..

My problem is not losing time when cleaning it out, but the Domino to create a more inexact hole, and to vibrate, if I do not use a Vacuum. So in my view, it is not a matter of cleaning time, it is a matter of the Domino not doing its job in a good way without Vac

--- Mats ---

Craig D Peltier
03-07-2009, 10:38 AM
Thanks, the combo of the two is just so pricey for one bite of $$$$.
I wish there were competition on the domino ( not the harbor freight one)like their is on plunge circular saw.

guy knight
03-07-2009, 1:35 PM
I wish there were competition on the domino ( not the harbor freight one)like their is on plunge circular saw.

any vac works just need an adaptor

Peter Quinn
03-07-2009, 10:37 PM

I use one with an old Rigid shop vac and an ad hoc adapter, works just fine. I just shove a small hose into the mouth of a 2 1/4" vac hose, no problems. I've done similar using an adaptor for my DC that does 4" to 1 1/4, this works too. Without dust collection the domino tries to push the chips forward and the tool moves off the mark, the bits burn up quicker, just performs poorly. My boss didn't get the vac with the ones at work (strange, he bought several domino's and not one vacuum!), so I rigged up a solution after being frustrated with the results otherwise. That festool vac is a beauty, but almost any vac works with almost all of their tools.

Oh, and the competition you mentioned? Seems the plunge saws are all pretty expensive, no?