PDA

View Full Version : Finally -- my settings for No Odor Laser Rubber

Bob Kline
03-06-2009, 5:46 PM
After multiple trials with Millennium Marking's No Odor Rubber for stamps, I have finally settled on raster and vector settings on my 25 Watt Epilog although I am not totally satisfied with them. At 10S, 100P on Raster I run it twice and it is acceptable but not as deep as I would like. At the same setting on Vector but run once, I get a cut about 2/3 of the way through and have to tear the rest of the way which looks a little ragged. To go much slower melts the rubber and is a mess. On the very positive side, the No Odor really doesn't stink which is very important since I do this in the lower section of my town house. Any advice or comments are welcome.
Bob

Doug Griffith
03-06-2009, 6:05 PM
Yeah, making stamps usually smells pretty bad.

I'm glad to hear it doesn't smell. Instead of tearing, how about using scissors or an exacto.

Frank Corker
03-06-2009, 9:30 PM
Hey Bob, according to the Epilog bible (instruction manual) it does suggest for a 25w rastering at 400dpi 10sp 100pwr, cutting it recommends that you use 10 sp /100 pwr / and the important bit to avoid raggedy edges 100 frequency.

Bill Cunningham
03-10-2009, 8:26 PM
My machine manual says to use 600 dpi, in the stamp mode, I use 5-6% speed for rubber, and 10% for polymer @ 100% pwr for etching the stamp.. I always seem to get a nice depth on one pass..