PDA

View Full Version : Nothing too spectacular Pt. II

David Klink
07-16-2004, 2:12 PM
Finished this for an elderly woman that lives by my wife's parents. She's 93, without much family left, and she thinks of my wife's mother as a daughter, and us as an extended family. She even came with us for our grandaughter's 4th last month.

She's very religious, and since I had made some of these before and had some maple lying around, I made one for her.

Just some curly maple cut on the scrollsaw, basically. I put a quick coat of walnut stain on it then sanded it off the face to leave the contrast on the sides for a different look. Normally I would mill something like this thinner, but I wanted more of a presence with it.

http://home.comcast.net/~dklink913/cross1.jpg

I haven't paid my dues here with a picture so far this month and felt I was overdue. ;)

Gary Whitt
07-16-2004, 2:56 PM
I like the choice of wood.
Excellent work, Colonel Klink! ;)
Carry On! :rolleyes:

David Klink
07-16-2004, 3:33 PM
I like the choice of wood.
Excellent work, Colonel Klink! ;)
Carry On! :rolleyes:
Vielen Dank, Herr Whitt. Or shall I call you... General Burkhalter? :) Kind of rare to hear a compliment for Colonel Klink.;)

Oh and yes, I have heard it a time or 5,000.:D

Jerry Olexa
07-16-2004, 5:51 PM
David, Good job and for an excellent cause! Its rewarding to cheer up someone not so fortunate... Good work!!

John M. Cioffi
07-16-2004, 7:04 PM
"The Name above ALL names..."

Excellent job David.
Fabulous design as well.

John

John Miliunas
07-16-2004, 8:21 PM
Neat project and wonderful gesture, David! :) Scroll work is still on my list of "want to do's", but I guess I need a scroll saw, first, huh? :rolleyes: Any-the-who, nice selection of wood and great execution. :) If/when I do get into it, I can only hope to get as nice a result! :cool:

David Klink
07-17-2004, 4:04 AM
Thanks, Jerry and John X 2.:)

John M., if you were a wee bit closer you could have my first SS for nothing, or my 16" VS SS for a song if you wanted to experiment without committing.

Regardless, if you ever do and have any questions feel free to ask. I'm no pro, but just like anything else you pick things up along the way.

Tyler Howell
07-17-2004, 7:09 AM
Dave,

I'd say the project and the message are prettyspectacular Thanks for sharing;)