PDA

View Full Version : Corel: Mass Convert to Curve?

Dave Johnson29
03-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Hi All,

I have a thing I hand traced using Dee's instructions. It has about 50 complete Shapes each made up of many, many lines.

When I select the Shape tool, I can click on one line segment in a Shape, then draw a box around it to select all line segments within, then select "To Curve" and it makes all the line segments in that entire Shape into Curves. Just what I want.

However, it looks like I have to do it for every Shape on the page. Is there any way to select an entire collection of Shapes and convert all of the line segments to Curves in the one hit?

If not, I have 49 more Shapes to process. I guess I can write a macro for it if there is no built in process.

Peter Meacham
03-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Dave

Can't you "Select All" and convert to curves?

If there are objects that you do not want to convert - can you select and cut them out before you convert the remaining items - then paste back into the drawing?

Pete

Richard Rumancik
03-06-2009, 11:14 AM
I think Peter is right, use the select all or else ue the Pick tool and then make a selection window to get the shapes you want, then convert everything inside to curves. Don't use the shape tool to select.

Dee Gallo
03-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Yes, you can "select all" and convert them all at one time.

If you don't want something converted, just "shift-click" on that line and it will de-select.

If you want to choose a few shapes that are not next to each other you can shift-click on them and they will each be selected without the ones in between or inside of them (as would happen if you just surround everything with the curve tool to select)

Progress! cheers, dee

Dave Johnson29
03-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the suggestions people, but with v10 at least, Select All does not select all of the Curves within all of Shapes on the page, it selects all of the Curves within a single Shape.

Looks like the hard way for me. <g>

Rodne Gold
03-07-2009, 12:21 PM
If you were using a later version , you could use smart fill on shapes and end up with a closed curve when you delete the originals. Wont work in all cases but it does in most.