PDA

View Full Version : Corel - Fit OBJECT to Path

Steve Clarkson
03-06-2009, 9:51 AM
I know how to fit TEXT to a path......but can you fit an OBJECT to a path? I searched the forum, but only seemed to come up with Fit Text to Path answers.

I'm trying to engrave a logo on the bottom of a wine glass. I created a circle, put second smaller circle (representing the wine glass stem) inside, and trimmed it to make a round donut. I would like to curve a logo inside the donut.

The logo was given to me as a symbol, but I converted it to an object. I tried using the interactive envelope tool and tried copying the envelope, but can't seem to get it to work. If I click on the logo, click copy envelope and then click on the donut, the donut takes the shape of the logo. If I click on the donut, then copy envelope, then click on the logo, it tells me I can't. I tried converting the logo to curves, and that didn't help.

If I have to, I will click on the logo, then the interactive envelope tool, and then manually atteempt to get the shape of the donut, but I would prefer not to do it that way.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Mike Null
03-06-2009, 9:57 AM
I think you have the answer with the envelope tool. Make two or three copies and delete all the center nodes in one and try your shaping from that.

Steve Clarkson
03-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Thanks Mike......I may have the answer......but it's not the one I want!

Dave Johnson29
03-06-2009, 10:31 AM
I may have the answer......but it's not the one I want!

Hi Steve,

Didn't the Envelop tool work? I can't see why that would not do what you need.

Use the Envelope tool to select the logo then drag the little empty boxes to massage the general shape you want. Then drag the little black boxes on sticks to clean up the shape.

You can create more nodes (empty boxes) by double-clicking on the line segment when the arrow has an "S" shaped tail. Then drag those too.

Steve Clarkson
03-06-2009, 10:36 AM
Hi Steve,

Didn't the Envelop tool work? I can't see why that would not do what you need.

Use the Envelope tool to select the logo then drag the little empty boxes to massage the general shape you want. Then drag the little black boxes on sticks to clean up the shape.

You can create more nodes (empty boxes) by double-clicking on the line segment when the arrow has an "S" shaped tail. Then drag those too.

Dave, I guess that was the "manual way" that I was referring to.....I was hoping to do it more like a "fill" where I click and it magically takes the shape of the donut........I guess I didn't buy the magical version of Corel........

Kim Vellore
03-06-2009, 1:59 PM
Steve,
Here is something to try

http://www.oberonplace.com/products/fitobjects/index.htm

I needed this feature so many times... I wish it was a option in Corel draw.

Kim

Anthony Welch
03-06-2009, 5:12 PM
Kim, you may have missed it farther down. There are downloads for the macros for CD 10-X4.

I've wanted something like this also in the past. Thanks for the link.

Edit: Egg on my face. If I'd have scrolled down farther I'd have seen it's $12.50 after the 7 day trial. I've done without it so far. but when I need it again I'll run the file and see if it's worth it.

Anthony

Mike Null
03-06-2009, 11:35 PM
Anthony

There are a number of good macros on that site for free.