PDA

View Full Version : Best friend - dog or wife?

Rich Engelhardt
03-06-2009, 6:35 AM
Hello,
Lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for an hour.
See which one is happy to see you when you open the trunk.
:eek::D

Ted Calver
03-06-2009, 8:19 AM
An hour gives your wife enough time to train the dog to go for your throat when you open the trunk :)

Belinda Barfield
03-06-2009, 8:28 AM
An hour gives your wife enough time to train the dog to go for your throat you when you open the trunk :)

Ted, was I married to you once? :D

I think both would be happy to see you, but only one would want to strangle you!

Kevin Arceneaux
03-06-2009, 8:44 AM
Tough choice

Greg Stanford
03-06-2009, 9:56 AM
I'll try it when I get home & let you know.

g

ps if you don't hear from me again . . .

Dennis Peacock
03-06-2009, 1:05 PM
OK...let's be easy here folks. SMC does have both genders and some are more sensitive than others to this type stuff. Keep'em straight Belinda. :)

Glenn Clabo
03-06-2009, 1:33 PM
If it were most of the women I have the pleasure of knowing they'd strangle him twice. Once for themselves and once for abusing the dog.

Belinda Barfield
03-06-2009, 2:00 PM
If it were most of the women I have the pleasure of knowing they'd strangle him twice. Once for themselves and once for abusing the dog.

As any good woman should!

Joe Hardesty
03-06-2009, 2:13 PM
I know which one would be more happy to see me, but I also know which one has bought me more shop tools. Sorry dog, you lose!

Dan Mages
03-06-2009, 2:35 PM
Nuff said...

Lee Schierer
03-06-2009, 2:54 PM
Just remember which one you would rather have getting your dinner!

I have one of each.. My wife doesn't go bird hunting and the dog doesn't buy tools or make meals. Neither would get locked in the trunk.

Belinda Barfield
03-06-2009, 5:12 PM
Just remember which one you would rather have getting your dinner!

Lee, your wife wouldn't happen to have a recipe for pheasanat sausage, would she? There was this great restaurant in a town I live in once upon a time. They served the most remarkable pheasant sausage. I've been trying to find a good recipe ever since then.

Paul Greathouse
03-06-2009, 7:42 PM
I'm at a lose either way, the dogs best friend is my wife.

Paul Ryan
03-06-2009, 7:55 PM
My dogs best friend is my wife as well, unless I am walking out the door with a shotgun. But there is nothing in this world that is more important to my dog than my approval.

Joe Mioux
03-06-2009, 8:10 PM
Sugar doesn't make dinner and Anna doesn't point Quail?

I am so confused.

David Weiser
03-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Oh man, it makes me glad everyday that I am not married yet. I feel like I must be the only person here without a spouse. :D

Belinda Barfield
03-07-2009, 8:49 AM
Oh man, it makes me glad everyday that I am not married yet. I feel like I must be the only person here without a spouse. :D

You are not alone David. I'm not married, just in an extended stay relationship without a warranty. :D I went with the warranty once, only to find out it wasn't worth the paper it was written on.

Mark Singer
03-07-2009, 9:14 AM
This is from a Joe Pesci , Scorsesse movie, but I don't think the wife was happy to see anyone, or could, she didn't move when the trunk was opened:rolleyes:

Scott Shepherd
03-07-2009, 9:23 AM
I'm not married, just in an extended stay relationship without a warranty. :D I went with the warranty once, only to find out it wasn't worth the paper it was written on.

At least you're not cynical about it Belinda ;) :D

Belinda Barfield
03-07-2009, 9:32 AM
At least you're not cynical about it Belinda ;) :D

I'm really not cynical about it at all (well, maybe just a tad). A good marriage is a wonderful thing. Congrats to all of you with good wives and good relationships. My SO just isn't the marrying kind, and that's okay. He does, however, love dogs - so that's a plus in his favor. If I locked him in the trunk he'd be very glad to see me when I let him out. He's claustrophobic.

Scott Shepherd
03-07-2009, 9:57 AM
A good marriage

Isn't that an oxymoron? :D

I'm on at 9:00 tonight, don't forget to tip your waitstaff. Half price drinks until 10:00, last call at 2:00. I'll be here all week :D

Lee Schierer
03-07-2009, 10:09 AM
Lee, your wife wouldn't happen to have a recipe for pheasanat sausage, would she? There was this great restaurant in a town I live in once upon a time. They served the most remarkable pheasant sausage. I've been trying to find a good recipe ever since then.

Never heard of it, but I did a google search and found several. Here's one link. Pheasant Sausage (http://www.sdgfp.info/Wildlife/hunting/Pheasant/recipes.htm)

We did get an excellent pheasant cook book from Pheasants Forever called Essential Game Bird recipes that has some really good ways to enjoy pheasant.

Belinda Barfield
03-07-2009, 5:59 PM
Isn't that an oxymoron? :D

Now who's being cynical?;)

Never heard of it, but I did a google search and found several. Here's one link. Pheasant Sausage (http://www.sdgfp.info/Wildlife/hunting/Pheasant/recipes.htm)

We did get an excellent pheasant cook book from Pheasants Forever called Essential Game Bird recipes that has some really good ways to enjoy pheasant.

Thanks Lee. The restaurant was an Italian one, and they used some seasoning or spice in the sausage that I could never quite put my finger on.

Sorry to have detoured off track. Back to the wife versus dog discussion. Hmmm. . . I wonder if there's anyone out there who has tried to marry their dog. Stranger things have happened!

Scott Shepherd
03-07-2009, 7:15 PM
I wonder if there's anyone out there who has tried to marry their dog.

Well, I was married to a _________. Is that close enough? :D

David G Baker
03-07-2009, 11:37 PM
Belinda,
Only in California. :D

Brian Effinger
03-07-2009, 11:54 PM
Well, I was married to a _________. Is that close enough? :D

I still am... and she freely admits it. That's probably why I love her so much. :D

Ben Rafael
03-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Why would anybody lock their dog in the trunk?

Phil Thien
03-08-2009, 4:32 PM
Why would anybody lock their dog in the trunk?

LOL. I was gonna stay out of this thread till I read that.

Hi-5.

Ben Rafael
03-08-2009, 5:54 PM
LOL. I was gonna stay out of this thread till I read that.

Hi-5.

C'mon. You all wouldn't be human if you never thought about locking your spouse in the trunk.

Brian Kent
03-08-2009, 6:03 PM
I read some of these to my wife and she said, "If she was a good wife, she would have cleaned up after the dog in the trunk!"

David G Baker
03-08-2009, 6:04 PM
I found it easier to cut and run. Did it twice, not cheap but much safer than the trunk method. :D You have the legal authority to put your dog down...........