PDA

View Full Version : Hatachi brad nailer

Robert Todd
03-05-2009, 7:55 PM
I picked up a new Hatachi NT50AE2 brad nailer today as my old Dewalt could only use brads up to one and a quarter inches. I also picked up some Bostich one and five eighths inch 18 gage brads. I oiled the gun, loaded it up and it would not fire the brads. The brads seem to be properly in place but the gun would not pick them up and instead would fire but with no nail coming out. I then tried some Porter Cable brads and all sizes worked flawlessly. When I switched back to the Bostich brads, again would not pick up the brad. Do you think this a problem with the gun or are some guns picky about what brand brads they will work with? Should I contact Hitachi or just avoid Bostich brads?

Chris Tsutsui
03-05-2009, 8:07 PM
I have that same nailer and can vouch that it uses Porter Cable brads just fine.

So these are the nails not working?

http://www.bostitch.com/default.asp?TYPE=PRODUCT&PARTNUMBER=BT1342B-1M

It's supposed to work so I'd consider swapping it if that's convenient.

I see a lot of these being sold at that recon sales site perhaps for the same reason.

Scott Schwake
03-05-2009, 11:18 PM
I just bought one of those guns myself, and shot a package of Bostich 1-5/8 brads just fine. I couldn't get it to shoot 1-3/8 brads though, almost like they don't fit in the magaine quite right. Did you shoot any PC 1-3/8" brads?

Robert Todd
03-05-2009, 11:46 PM
I tried several lengths of Porter Cable brads and had no problems with any even including 2 inch. All fired perfectly but each time I tried Bostich one and five eights brads, they misfired, jammed and generally did not work. Maybe a bad batch of Bostich brads?

Rich Engelhardt
03-06-2009, 5:49 AM
Hello,

Maybe a bad batch of Bostich brads?
Old and/or improperly stored might be more like it.
Look at them real close to see if there's any sign of rust and/or some other deterioration.
I picked up a box of green generic 18ga brads from Lowes once on close out and had the same problem. When I looked at them real close, there was just a slight trace of rust showing.