PDA

View Full Version : Back after a catagory 4 tornado

Terry Quiram
07-16-2004, 9:00 AM
After a catagory 4 tornado ripped through here on Tuesday afternoon and took out about 100 hi-line poles we finally have power restored. The power was restored around 11:30 last night. Got up and turned off the generator, rolled up the extension cords and went back to sleep. Staying home to get things back to normal. The damage a cat 4 leaves is amazing. 4 homes and one mfg plant completly destroyed. The only evidence of one farmstead ever existing is the foundation of the house. House, barn and a very large metal building and all trees are completly gone. In places the grass in the yard is even missing. At the mfg plant is was shift change and 176 people walked out of that mess with only 10 minor injuries. One of the homes a woman and 3 children walked away with no injuries. I am telling you God was watching over this community that day. The tornado rolled south of town by about 1/2 mile taking more power poles with it and damaging 5 more homes and killing 8 sheep. Clean up crews are walking the corn and bean fields collecting debris. This home had the least damage. It was a 2 story. All three of his out buildings are gone.

Its nice to be back.

Terry

Dennis Peacock
07-16-2004, 9:34 AM
Welcome back Terry and very glad ya'll are OK. Looks like you have power now and I bet you are glad of that!! ;)

Steve Clardy
07-16-2004, 11:25 AM
Glad you and yours are ok Terry.
Steve

Tim Morton
07-16-2004, 3:38 PM
I hear its not "THAT" the wind is blowin...but "WHAT" the wind is blowin....

Ron White :cool:

Bill Grumbine
07-16-2004, 6:00 PM
Hi Terry

I am very happy to hear that you made it through the storm without too much trouble.

Bill

Charles McKinley
07-18-2004, 2:12 AM
Hi Terry

I'm glad that you are safe.

Daniel Yourdon
07-18-2004, 10:11 AM
I saw news clips of the manufacturing plant here in Reno. got one glance and new that had to be a bad one. I'm origianlly from Kansas so i've seen first hand what gets left behind. How fast it happens etc. Thank God you all are safe. and I hope a speedy recovery for those that lost there homes. and welcome back.

John Miliunas
07-18-2004, 11:00 AM
Terry, I'm real glad you and yours are OK! :D It's been a pretty rough Summer 'round these parts as well, but thus far, we've been spared. I can't hardly imagine what many of the folks in your area are going through! Best of luck to everyone in your area with the recovery efforts! :cool:

Roger Fitzsimonds
07-18-2004, 12:40 PM
Hi Terry,

Glad you came through it ok. My prayers are for those who did not.

Roger

Martin Shupe
07-18-2004, 3:06 PM
Terry,

Glad to hear you are ok...

By the way, are you anywhere near New Windsor?

Terry Quiram
07-18-2004, 7:30 PM
Martin

We are probably 2 hours away from New Windsor. Take 17 east until you run into 117 then south to Roanoke. I can make Toulon in a little over an hour.

Terry