PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Jack Young!

John Miliunas
07-16-2004, 8:21 AM
Looks like Jack took my recommendation to heart and signed up at SMC for the "long haul"! :) But, being the lawyer-type that he is, he did it in a roundabout manner by posting it in Dennis' PM lathe thread! :eek:

Any-the-how and, without further adieu, welcome to the Creek, Jack! Great people, great fun and loads of information at your fingertips! :) Of course, let's NOT forget the pictures. We *need* pictures for survival 'round here! :D Also, hoping that I have your attention now, you may also want to actually start a thread regarding your concerns of the present-day treated lumber issue you brought up. I'd sure as heck be interested in knowing more about it, as well! What the heck good is it, if it virtually destroys just about any metal it touches, outside of SS?! :eek:

So, welcome aboard! Stop by often, stay long and know that your input is appreciated by many! :cool:

Keith Outten
07-16-2004, 10:55 AM
Welcome to "The Creek" Jack

Bob Hovde
07-16-2004, 12:34 PM
Welcome to the Creek, Jack! Please tell us all you know about the treated lumber. I was told it's better to use treated lumber for a wall sill sitting directly on a concrete slab, so I did. I hope the nails holding the wall to it don't disappear in a couple of years! :eek:

Bob

Dick Parr
07-16-2004, 1:15 PM
Welcome to the Creek Jack!

Gary Whitt
07-16-2004, 1:17 PM
Welcome to "The Creek", Jack!