PDA

View Full Version : table saw router/extension table?

keith ouellette
03-04-2009, 7:02 PM
My jet cabinet saw is 27" wide. I want my extension table to be 36" wide but at the back of the saw is a piece of angle iron bolted to the main table that runs the length of the saw. The only reason I can see for it is to help keep the extension table (the one that came with the saw) in line.

If I want my new extension table to be wider then I either have to do away with the angle iron support or find something to bolt onto the main table inbetween the main table and the angle iron support.

I have enough scrap angle iron to be able to make some triangle shaped brackets that can first bolt to the table and then have the support bolt to them

or...

could I just do away with the angle iron support on the back of the saw?

Aaron Berk
03-04-2009, 7:06 PM
As long as your new table is well supported and level with the saw, I see no need for the steel.

Kyle Kraft
03-04-2009, 7:26 PM
I couldn't do that on my Jet saw because I added a roller to the underside of the outboard end of the fence which rides on the angle iron. I didn't like the little delrin button on the bottom of the fence making scratches in my nice cast iron and high pressure laminate.