PDA

View Full Version : How many forums for you?

Kev Godwin
03-04-2009, 5:55 PM
I'm curious to know how much Creekers use other forums (communities) not-related to woodworking. For me, I regularly also participate primarily in 2 others. My other favorite is an outdoor community (Hunting, Fishing, Camping, etc) and my other primary one is work related.

I know this is where I like to go first but what other interests do Creekers chase on the web?
Kev

Greg Cole
03-04-2009, 5:57 PM
SMC, one related to all things Red Wings and one for hunting & fishing in Missouri.

Brian Hale
03-04-2009, 6:52 PM
2 for Diesel performance (cummins forum and TDR) and 1 for RVing (RV.net)

Brian :)

Bruce Page
03-04-2009, 6:59 PM
I belong to an aquarium forum and a machining/manufacturing forum.

David Christopher
03-04-2009, 7:00 PM
HD forum....

Frank Hagan
03-04-2009, 7:24 PM
I run two forums (boat building and a political forum) and then frequent others including AV Science (a/v stuff) and then whatever I'm researching at the moment (XBMC, PartsExpress, etc.)

Colin Giersberg
03-04-2009, 7:24 PM
FM Forums (photography)
Nikon Cafe (photography)
Planet Nikon (photography
DHS Diecast (model collecting, but it has a decent amount of info on construction and mining equipment, some of which is simply enormous)
Skyscraper Page (forum of skyscrapers, the construction of same, as well as some local info. The topic on the Burj Dubai skyscraper is what got me there).
Assorted others on archery and astronomy.

Regards, Colin

David G Baker
03-04-2009, 7:38 PM
SMC 90% of the time and TractorByNet 10% of the time.

Ben Franz
03-04-2009, 7:54 PM
Egullet.org - culinary interests, food related writing, etc. Probably one of the best food sites around - similar to SMC for depth of knowledge and civility.

John Schreiber
03-04-2009, 7:57 PM
I already spend so much time here I hardly have time for anything else. I do spend some time on the Sketchucation forum though. They are all about SketchUp and have a dedicated woodworking sub-forum.

Brent Gamble
03-04-2009, 8:12 PM
Unofficial Martin Guitar Forum
RV.net

Paul Ryan
03-04-2009, 8:28 PM
I am completely loyal to the creek at this time. There arn't any other forums that I participate on. I have been lurking on a couple other woodworking, but they don't seem to be the same as the creek. I dont even participate in any other forums of different subjects, I really only have the time for this one.

Mark Norman
03-04-2009, 8:52 PM
I have been an active member of NastyZ28.com for many years. I'm also a member on a few other boards. I just discovered the creek a week or so ago. I like it a lot so far, seems like great people and a common intrest.

I think I'll hang around Iff'n its OK:rolleyes:

Karl Brogger
03-04-2009, 10:00 PM
2 for Diesel performance (cummins forum and TDR) and 1 for RVing (RV.net)

Brian :)

I use the Cummins forum, and have a subscription to the TDR newsletter, I just lurk at the TDR forum now and a again.

Other forums I use
Hobie Forums
Catsailor Forums
Sailing Anarchy Forums
Supermoto Junkie Forums.

Jim Becker
03-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Several adoption related forums and one horsie forum about the same size as SMC. Every once in awhile I pop into a compact tractor forum, but it's been about six months since I last did that.

Joe Pelonio
03-04-2009, 10:21 PM
I spend most of my spare forum time here and on a bonsai forum that I also moderate. I belong to several other sign/engraving and vehicle related forums but don't go there much.

Pat Germain
03-04-2009, 10:24 PM
I used to be very active in a Disney forum; long before I found SMC. (Yeah, I'm a Disney geek and a stockholder.) Lately, that Disney forum has been dominated by some very leftist and hostile characters. Most of the people I used to chat with have gone somewhere else; probably because of those few hostile characters.

Glen Dion
03-05-2009, 4:19 AM
I frequent a couple "music" forums. Narrowed down to banjo picking bluegrass.
I'll sometimes go quite a stretch with out checking in on any forum.
I figure if I'm jibber-jabbering on a forum it's cutting into my "doing" time.
That also is why I'm ususaly on line at an early hour.
Can't count the number of responses I've started and X'd back out of.

Have a great day all!
Glen

Dewey Torres
03-05-2009, 4:23 AM
The WW forums are about all I can keep up with.

Glenn Clabo
03-05-2009, 6:59 AM
I read a number of photography and cooking forums but really don't have much time to post.

Bob Childress
03-05-2009, 7:22 AM
Besides several WWing forums, I participate in a privately run social forum with a limited number of members (100 or so) where we can discuss politics, economics, or any number of less uplifting subjects with almost no moderation.

But we all have come to know each other so we know when to stop. :) I find it allows me to stay civil everywhere else (mostly). :rolleyes::D

Kevin Arceneaux
03-05-2009, 9:00 AM
I am in 6 trains and train simulator forums - I mod a couple, plus a couple gardening forums.

My wife is in a couple of bull riding forums.

Plus today makes 26 years.

Daniel Chalfant
03-05-2009, 10:51 AM
This is my first post...I have lurked for awhile as a visitor and then recently joined.

I must say this is the best forum on the net that I have followed. The civility, the depth of discussion, and the willingness of the members to impart their knowledge and opinion really impresses me.

Off and on I have participated in an on-line investment community (siliconinvestor) and a Black Powder Cartridge rifle forum (shilohrifle).

My time on those other two sites is now being spent here for I am looking to get back into woodworking.

Thanks! All

Brad Wood
03-05-2009, 12:04 PM
HD Forum for me too.

I also will use support forums, but only when needed and that is the only option (tech support, not emotional support)

John Schreiber
03-05-2009, 2:54 PM
. . .My wife is in a couple of bull riding forums. . . .
Uh, Kevin, What did you say?

I'd like to meet your wife, or maybe not.

Kevin Arceneaux
03-05-2009, 3:00 PM
Uh, Kevin, What did you say?

I'd like to meet your wife, or maybe not.

PBR and Probulls

John Schreiber
03-05-2009, 3:05 PM
PBR and Probulls
Do you mean to say that your wife of 26 years rides bulls? I'm just a Midwestern farm boy. We don't grow women like that around here.:eek::)

John Bailey
03-05-2009, 3:33 PM
I'm mainly on SMC when I find time. I visit a Euphonium site quite a bit lately because I'm learning the instrument. I'm going to spend a little time on Frank Hagen's political site because I saw a word I didn't know. I'm always intrigued with site that uses language that makes me think. (tautology??)

John (with face in dictionary)

Joe Hardesty
03-05-2009, 3:41 PM
I refuse to participate in any forum that would have me as member.

Neal Clayton
03-05-2009, 4:39 PM
two historic preservation related forums
two video game forums from the time i wasted my college weekdays shooting people's likenesses on the internet with imaginary guns rather than studying ;)
and this one

that's about it for those i check every day

Jack Dickey
03-05-2009, 5:10 PM
Couple Hunting and outdoor forums

HD forum as well here , mebbe I know you 2 over there if its where I think it is ..

Kevin Arceneaux
03-05-2009, 5:26 PM
Do you mean to say that your wife of 26 years rides bulls? I'm just a Midwestern farm boy. We don't grow women like that around here.:eek::)

No, she just enjoys watching it and would, thankfully I do not have the room, raise them.

Burt Alcantara
03-05-2009, 5:54 PM
I'm active in ubuntuforums.org and a few distro forums. I am registered in a few airbrush forums but lately, it's pretty much SMC, AAW and Ubuntu.

(Ubuntu and distros are linux).

Burt

Chuck Saunders
03-05-2009, 9:57 PM
old tractors
old Caterpillar
powerstroke diesels
boat building
alt energy
cheap shelters
machining
shooting
I guess my mind wanders

Bob Genovesi
03-07-2009, 7:25 AM
The Wood Works
Corvette Forum
Corvette Action Center
Z06 Vette Forum
Saw Mill Creek

Don Bullock
03-07-2009, 7:49 AM
I must admit that I do check out a few other woodworking forums. None of them seem to me to be as helpful as SawMill Creek.

Before I got back into woodworking I created a customized PT Cruiser. We take it on cruises and to car shows. So, I do spend some time on forums related to it. Since we breed, raise and show basset hounds I spend time on some forums related to that hobby as well.

Cliff Rohrabacher
03-09-2009, 8:58 AM
I have a woodworking forum elsewhere and I'm a member of more than a few political forums where language is often very coarse and tempers often fly off the handle. Most of the people in those forums are of a very different political persuasion than I. It makes for interesting debate.

Prashun Patel
03-09-2009, 9:00 AM
Terry Love (plumbing)
John Bridge (tiling)