PDA

View Full Version : does anyone have any saved parameters they like to use with photograv

Devon Jones
03-04-2009, 1:53 PM
i was wondering if anyone had any parameters that they saved that did not come with photograv and if so if they are willing to share? so i can get a grasp on contrast and tone curve and all the other stuff that is flying over my head

Daniel Muller
03-04-2009, 1:57 PM
Devon I am with you on this. I feel like I am missing something with this program (besides the dent in my wallet). I really could use a workshop our lesson on this.

Devon Jones
03-04-2009, 2:03 PM
yes i like the ones that come with the program but all of the harder and better looking materal that would make me more money and just overall look better with pictures on it do not have parameters for them. now dont get me wrong the cherry wood and plastic i love but i dont need 12 plastics or the rock on as much as i need some other materals.

also if anyone can tell me what effects help a photo or hurt a photo or just a more indepth read on it from the stand of an engraver that would be great. i know what they are................. or i guess where they are i just dont understand what can help or hurt my project?

Gary Hair
03-04-2009, 2:55 PM
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet.

Nice sig Devon! If only more people would take that to heart...

Gary

You're not your (city, state, country), You're not your (football, baseball, basketball, etc.) team, You're not your (high school, college, university).

You are what you: say, do, think

Bill Cunningham
03-05-2009, 8:12 PM
yes i like the ones that come with the program but all of the harder and better looking materal that would make me more money and just overall look better with pictures on it do not have parameters for them. now dont get me wrong the cherry wood and plastic i love but i dont need 12 plastics or the rock on as much as i need some other materals.

also if anyone can tell me what effects help a photo or hurt a photo or just a more indepth read on it from the stand of an engraver that would be great. i know what they are................. or i guess where they are i just dont understand what can help or hurt my project?

Photograv parameters are pretty subjective.. For example, I find the cherry setting (the swiss army knife of P.G. parameters) works better on flat glass than the glass parameter.. All I do is use the interactive, flip and negative the image.. Most variations in the actual etch are more the result of speed/power/dpi than anything photograv does beyond the actual dither.. The hand adjusted 'gold' method using corel photopaint works every bit as well as photograve once you have the speed/power/res figured out for your machine and the material your using.. IMHO I really don't think many people pay a lot of attention to tweaking the P.G. parameters, they find the few that work well on their machine, and stick to those, varying the parameters of the engraver instead..