PDA

View Full Version : Can you do all the way around a glass? Yes, but....

Stephen Beckham
03-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Well, had a friend ask if I could do it - and I said the laser could do it, but could I tell the laser how to do it was the question.

It wasn't as much of a hassle as I thought it would be, but I didn't like it and here's why. Although it looks good all the way around, when you look through the words to see the information, the etching on the back of the glass interferes with the front... So I cut back on the image so that it doesn't go more than half way around...

So, for anyone interested or asked in the future, the answer is yes, but it's going to look awkward.

Doug Griffith
03-04-2009, 1:04 PM
All the way around just gives more reason to "fill 'er up"

Stephen Beckham
03-04-2009, 1:10 PM
Doug,

I guess that would be considered from Bottom to the Top....:D

Bill Cunningham
03-05-2009, 8:02 PM
Yup!! Nobody likes to look at a empty glass :D

Mike Null
03-06-2009, 5:50 AM
Nice job Steve. Looks like you've mastered the rotary attachment.

Stephen Beckham
03-06-2009, 9:49 AM
Thanks Mike - I learned another lesson with this glass yesterday... The bride walked in to get something for her husband's best man and groomsmen...

GUESS what she saw and loved.... *@&!.... Now Amanda (customer) is ticked off at me... I thought of offering her the etching free because she's a good friend and I had no intentions of that happening... Darned small town.... She didn't see her glasses - I had them put away in box already - she saw the goofed one sitting over behind my counter and recognized the pattern from her invitation.

I just worry if I make amends by not charging her, the word will get out to sneak in and see your gift and you get the etching free....:eek:

Bill Cunningham
03-10-2009, 7:58 PM
I use many glasses that I have etched for weddings as items on my website, but I try to make sure I don't display one 'before' the wedding date just to be on the safe side..ha..