PDA

View Full Version : Clamp alert!

John Miliunas
07-15-2004, 9:26 PM
Especially for those of us poor, poor folks, who can't get in on the Padilla Clamp Wagon for Bessey's, thought you might be interested in this one. So, they're not Bessey's, but they ARE Gross Stabil and, IMHO, every bit as good, if not better! Only the 24" are on sale, but dern good pricing, at $19.99/ea. You can check them out at AllProTools. I've gotten some GS clamps from them before, as well as my PC pinner just recently. Good outfit, from everything I've experienced, thus far. I just put my order for six in! :D :cool:

Wayne Johnson
07-15-2004, 9:34 PM
Nice, John! But, I've already got more Bessey's than I'll ever need...

Blasphemy! Gimme 4 more!

As we say on Fatwallet, "Thanks, OP!"

Jim Ketron
07-15-2004, 9:55 PM
Thanks John I will give it a look.
Jim

John M. Cioffi
07-16-2004, 8:56 AM
John,

You're a dangerous man!
I just ordered 4 clamps!
Thanks for the heads up.

Mark Singer
07-16-2004, 9:14 AM
John,
Are you going to BBQ to go with the clamps? It is not as good a deal without the chow...is it?:D

John,
I have several of the Gross Stabil clamps and I perfer them over the Bessey's...they are easier to adjust and seem more solid

Greg Heppeard
07-16-2004, 9:20 AM
So how's the pinner working for you? Any pics yet? :D

Terry Hatfield
07-16-2004, 9:40 AM
Mark,

"Are you going to BBQ to go with the clamps? It is not as good a deal without the chow...is it?"

Excellent point!!!!! Bessy's + Brisket = Yummy!!!!! :D

Terry

John Miliunas
07-16-2004, 11:26 AM
So how's the pinner working for you? Any pics yet? :D

Greg, nothing earth-shattering to shoot pictures of using the pinner, but I did just *have* to try it out! Did a picture frame for my daughter and needed to attach some wooden hold-downs on the back of it to hold the picture/mat/glass in. Works super! Very light to handle, no mis-queues and teeny, tiny holes! Nice unit and, IMHO, worth the $$. :) The odd thing is, AllProTools doesn't sell the different size pins for it! I went to Grizzly and ordered a package of each. I'm all set now! :cool:

Russ Filtz
07-16-2004, 12:29 PM
Snagged 4, thanks!

Bob Marino
07-16-2004, 12:31 PM
John,

Thanks for the heads up; just ordered six. Too good a deal to pass up!

Bob

Dave Right
07-16-2004, 6:01 PM
Thanks John for the heads up. Not familiar with the brand but willing

to give it a try based on your experience. Got 4 on the way.

Mike Mastin
07-16-2004, 7:23 PM
I recently bought 16 of the GS clamps from AllProTools. Solid quality clamps that I really like. The price is just too good to pass up for clamps of this quality.

Jeff Skory
07-16-2004, 8:12 PM
Thanks John, I just ordered 4 of them. Have not bought any cabinet style clamps until now. Even with their high shipping rate it still is a good deal.

John Miliunas
07-16-2004, 8:28 PM
Thanks John, I just ordered 4 of them. Have not bought any cabinet style clamps until now. Even with their high shipping rate it still is a good deal.

Yup, a touch high on the S/H, but I figure it's not as bad as others I've seen and the pricing is still great on a super clamp. I've got Bessey's, Jorgie's and the GS; Seems that if whatever job I'm doing and the SG's I have are the right size, those are the ones I grab rather than the other two. Oh, and BTW, when I switched up the number I ordered, there was little difference in S/H costs between 4 or 6 clamps. :cool:

Jim Guy
07-17-2004, 6:51 AM
Well John you came up with a good price on the pinner - I bought.
Now a good price on clamps - I bought.
I sure hope you don't find to many more good deals for a while. Ha Ha
Thanks for the heads up - both times.

Jack Hogoboom
07-17-2004, 4:49 PM
Ordered 6. I just hope my wife doesn't see them when they get delivered, or I'm a dead man.

Thanks for the tip.

Jack