PDA

View Full Version : Busy Bee tools

Fred Belknap
03-04-2009, 9:57 AM
Anyone know anything about them? I think their ts brand is called TeckCraft. What quality tool do they sell?

Brent Smith
03-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Hi Fred,

If this is BusyBee in Canada you're talking about, they're quality is all over the place. Some of their machines are good for the price, and others aren't. You might compare some of their smaller stuff with Harbor Freight. The last few years they've been expanding their offerings to include some of the better accessory manufacturers. I believe they have a non-compete clause with Grizzly....Grizzly won't sell into Canada, and BusyBee won't sell into the States........Americans get the better end of the stick on this one.

scott spencer
03-04-2009, 11:46 AM
I was under the impression that Busy Bee sold the "Craftex" brand....perhaps they sell more than one brand. The only Craftex item I have is a "Blue Tornado" saw blade..."German Technology" (made in China). :rolleyes: It looks to be a very well made blade that's comparable to the Tenryu "Rapid Cut" series, but I haven't even used it yet.

Rick Fisher
03-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Very similar to Grizzly but some of the smaller stuff is ......:confused:

I have noticed that they have a really low resale value. The name isnt sought after and is associated with "cheap".

James Leon
03-04-2009, 4:24 PM
Busy Bee tolls sell a variety of tools and from a variety of manufacturers,. I purchased a Makita Plunge saw from them. Excellent price, but they don't handle any warranty. Should I need warranty or parts I would have to go to a certified Makita Warranty dealer. A lot of the tools that the Bee sells are made in China. From past expierence not as good quality as Canadian, or American made products, or Japaneese/European.

Rod Sheridan
03-05-2009, 8:44 AM
Lets see..........What can I say aside from that great Monty Python quote.

"RUN AWAY"

Way back in the dark ages I purchased a couple of machines from them. As my skills and knowledge slowy increased, the short comings became more evident.

It took me a long time to realize that the financially prudent way to purchase machinery was to buy very good equipment once.........Regards, Rod.

Fred Belknap
03-05-2009, 9:29 AM
"RUN AWAY"
Thanks guys, I wasn't planing to buy the saw but someone else did and I had never heard of them so it was just more curious. The saw looks nice. I have a Grizzly 1023 which I am pretty well pleased with.
Fred

Sylvain Deschamps
03-05-2009, 10:15 AM
Sure buying from Busy Bee is buying cheap. But often the exact same items are 1/3 lower priced than other dealers. And for the accessories that don't require high end quality, they have great prices. (Canadian prices eh!) I've never used Craftex brand due to shipping cost per weight, I live to far away.

Fred Belknap
03-05-2009, 6:47 PM
[quote=scott spencer;1071464]I was under the impression that Busy Bee sold the "Craftex" brand....perhaps they sell more than one brand.

Scott you are correct, my rememberer wasn't working.:confused: