PDA

View Full Version : Wizzard 2000 Assistance

Mark Sipes
03-03-2009, 7:40 PM
I purchased the Wizzard 2000 (Dahlren) with built in computer in 2001 and the machine worked great until last week when the Hard Drive failed and no files could be extracted off the drive. I was not provided any software with the unit except the manual.

I have replace the hard drive and downloaded the Dos SuperPro 4.07 packet from Surgrave and installed the files. The program works except when transmitting the file to the engrave table I get "Control Unit 1" not responding.

Am I missing a driver file for the table or is there a setting in the control panel I am missing..

I understand there were not many of this model made.

Is there any one on the forum that has one of this machines that can send me some info / files off of their machine. ??

Thanks, Mark

Joe Hayes
03-03-2009, 10:23 PM
Mark - go to q1engravers.com and contact Fred. Quality1 Engravers does repair on a wide variety of engraving machines including the Dalghren.
Fred is the owner, engineer and all round smart dude.
If anyone can help you he can.

Best of luck.

Mark Sipes
03-03-2009, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the info, Talked with Fred this morning before I started this World Wide Assistance Quest. Waiting for Long Ha of LTD in Oakland to get back with me on issue. Was told only a limited number of these machines were built for US distro before Dahlgren closed their office here in the US and moved to UK (Suregrave) and Surgrave will not get back with me on my situation as of yet.

Thanks, but the net call is still open.. Anyone else have one of these machines??

Mark

Dave Johnson29
03-04-2009, 10:02 AM
The program works except when transmitting the file to the engrave table I get "Control Unit 1" not responding.

Mark,

I am not familiar with the engraver but how is it connected to the computer? USB, Printer, Serial? It may be a driver related issue.

Jeanette Brewer
03-04-2009, 12:25 PM
You might want to check in with Garry Wuebker at Just-N-Time. He does repairs on Dahlgren systems.

Phone is (800)554-2377.

Mark Sipes
03-04-2009, 8:05 PM
Dave asked:

"I am not familiar with the engraver but how is it connected to the computer? USB, Printer, Serial? It may be a driver related issue."

Dave the computer is built into the engraver. If you are familuar with the Wizzard 2000 ST........ they mounted a key board on the front of the unit... and LCD screen on the back and built a computer inside the table with the controller unit. A 65 lb portable engraver self contained with a 12x12 table.. nice unit.
http://www.peninsulatrophy.com/GRAPHICS/WIZZARD.jpg

Mark

I almost have the solution.. LTD Engraver out of Oakland, CA is a great help for all your Dahlgren (Suregrave) issues.

Thanks

Dave Johnson29
03-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Dave the computer is built into the engraver.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for that. So what operating system does it use? It still sounds like a driver problem. I would delve inside and I am guessing you will find a "normal" PC motherboard. From there check the output ports and see if there is a cable coming from the Printer, USB or Serial.

If it is operating under Windows of some sort, go to Control Panel / System / Hardware / Device Drivers and see if the device drivers are configured for the port in use. If not you will need to install it/them.

If it uses Linux then it gets a little more complicated but it will still be a driver issue.

Mark Sipes
03-05-2009, 7:38 PM
You described it to a T System came with Win95.. Upgraded to Win98SE when I replaced the hard drive. Wizzard 2000 ini file was missing. Works great now. Thanks...

Computer board supports a 150 mhz 33fbs with 256k Not lightning fast but hey it only runs an engraver 6 meg hard drive...... do you know how hard it is to find a hard drive under 1 gig these days.........luckily WIN98Se support LBA

Mark :)

Dave Johnson29
03-05-2009, 8:10 PM
You described it to a T ... Works great now. Hi Mark, Glad you have it all working again. Don't laugh about win98se, I use DOS 6.22 and win3.1 for my laser with Corel 5!

Mark Sipes
03-06-2009, 4:16 PM
I have Corel 5 loaded also, along with 9 ... haven't had a need or reason to upgrade to anything else. Does all I need it to..

Mark

CARMEN VARGAS
02-12-2019, 9:15 PM
I use a Dahlgren Wizzard 2000 as a secondary machine