PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Bob is my pusher too

Steven Wilson
07-14-2004, 10:51 PM
Just received an email from uncle Bob with my invoice. Next week should be fun when I get to open up all of the boxes. I've been looking at the Festool stuff for a while and finally decided to pick up a couple of items. I have a project coming up that will need plenty of shelf pins, and I'm planing on building some cabinets for the utility room and the kids rooms so it was time to pick up something to help with the 32mm system. Of course you can't stop with one tool :D

Not a saw in sight but I still managed a fair wallet biopsy, I decided to go with

TDD Drill
OF1010 Router, hole drilling set, and guide rail for holes
Rotex, 150/3, and RS400EQ sanders
CT22 Dust Extractor and cleaning set
Systainer cart, sandpaper systainers, and a 9 drawer sortainer

Jim Becker
07-14-2004, 11:06 PM
MAJOR gloat there, Steve! You didn't just dip your foot in the Festool pool...you managed to jump right in buck-naked and all that. :D Congratulations on the new tools, and be sure to 1) post pictures and 2) give us your thoughts on each once you have some time on them.

Steven Wilson
07-14-2004, 11:44 PM
MAJOR gloat there, Steve! You didn't just dip your foot in the Festool pool...you managed to jump right in buck-naked and all that. :D Congratulations on the new tools, and be sure to 1) post pictures and 2) give us your thoughts on each once you have some time on them.
It's all your fault Jim and the rest of the Festool mob. You do know that the Festool color scheme matches nicely with Felder :D I really hope that the RS400 sander works out. I'm looking for it to replace my PC 330, which is my favorite sander, it's just that the lack of DC on the 330 is starting to get to me. I'm also thinking that the Systainers and Sortainers might be very handy in the shop. If they work out I might get a few extra to store the Bosch jig saw and PC biscuit jointer. I wonder if the Lamello Cantex I picked up recently will fit in a Systainer? (driveby gloat)

Michael Ballent
07-15-2004, 12:12 AM
Whao there Nelly you have a Lamello Cantex :eek: Now there's a machine to drool over. Why did you pick that up and does it really work? For the $$$ it had better. First time I saw mention of it was in FWW. Now that is something to brag about :eek:

Steven Wilson
07-15-2004, 12:17 AM
Whao there Nelly you have a Lamello Cantex :eek: Now there's a machine to drool over. Why did you pick that up and does it really work? For the $$$ it had better. First time I saw mention of it was in FWW. Now that is something to brag about :eek:
I bought it to trim edging flush and the regular price is quite steep. However, I saw an ad from a guy on the Felder group who was selling a hardly used one for a substantial discount - that's all the push I needed. It's sweet, a bit extravagant but sweet.

Christian Aufreiter
07-15-2004, 3:04 PM
Hi Steven,

congrats on your new Festool's. You won't be disappointed.
As for the Lamello Cantex, in Austria Lamello offers at least biscuit joiners in Systainers. I'd ask at Lamello if an insert (or a complete Systainer) is available.

Regards,

Christian

Alan Turner
07-15-2004, 3:07 PM
Uncle Bob is tough, isn't he. Has the mortgage app. cleared yet? Enjoy your new guys.
Alan

Don Selke
07-15-2004, 3:21 PM
Steve:
I have had the RO 150 with vacuum for about two years now and really love them. Have not used my belt sander since I bought it. I too am replacing all my hand power tools with Festool.
Good luck and enjoy your purchases.

Don Selke

Steven Wilson
07-15-2004, 3:38 PM
...in Austria Lamello offers at least biscuit joiners in Systainers...
Christian,

The Cantex comes in a wooden box, I was thinking of trying to fit it into a Festool Systainer. If you've seen something from Lamello that would mate with the Festool Systainer please send a link as I would be very interested. I've taken a look at the main Lamello site and there was any mention of that type of product.

Christian Aufreiter
07-15-2004, 3:54 PM
Hi Steven,

I'm not a big fan of the Lamello website because it doesn't seem up to date. A while ago someone bought a Lamello Top 20 biscuit joiner including a Systainer (instead of the wooden box) in the USA. I read it somewhere on the net but don't remember where exactly. I'd simply email Lamello or Colonial Saw.
Lamello doesn't mention the biscuit joiners which come in a Systainer at the Austrian/German website but I know that they are available.

Regards,

Christian

Steven Wilson
07-15-2004, 3:57 PM
I'm not a big fan of the Lamello website because it doesn't seem up to date. A while ago someone bought a Lamello Top 20 biscuit joiner including a Systainer (instead of the wooden box) in the USA. I read it somewhere on the net but don't remember where exactly.

Well, I haven't contacted Lamello yet but I did see some online stores in your neck of the woods that sell the Lamello C2 in a systainer. So I started looking some more and found the following PDF file from the company that makes Systainer's for Festool, Metabo, Lamello, Dewalt, etc.

http://80.252.109.12/www/tanos2/pdf/Imagebroschuere_tanos%2072%20dpi.pdf