PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee Circular Saw Case #6390-21 question

Philip Florio
03-02-2009, 6:37 PM
As unbelievable as this might seem I got my new Tilt-Lok saw that came in this plastic case and I have no idea how to get the saw back in the case. Milwaukee support is useless in this matter.

I lowered the tilt handle and the cut and lifted the guard. Does anyone else have this and can you share a photo of the saw in the case?

I should have studied the saw before removing it! It's made in China, it's a Chinese puzzle!

Phil

Dave Sweeney
03-02-2009, 7:06 PM
Open the case up. Place the saw into the case with the handle facing the RH side of the case, the blade facing the back and the motor facing the front of the case. Make sure that the foot plate is not tilted at all and the blade is all the way down.

Jeff Wille
03-02-2009, 7:17 PM
Hope this helps. Just did a search on images.google.com
This one showed up as an eBay auction picture.

--Jeff

Jason Hanko
03-02-2009, 8:45 PM
I had this SAME PROBLEM!
It took me like 20 minutes (ashamed to admit it) to get it back in the first few times I used it...
The trick is to NOT tilt the handle all the way down... doing so causes the handle to hit the foot of the saw, so it actually wont close down as flat as it can. Rotate the handle to the middle position, and you should be fine.
Hope that helps! (and glad to know Im not the only one who felt like a dolt trying to put their new saw away...:rolleyes:)

Sean Kinn
03-02-2009, 9:08 PM
Ha ....I just was working on that puzzle for the first time last weekend.

Philip Florio
03-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Thanks guys for the help and the pictures, I got it! I was close but it was so tricky. I've been trying this since yesterday.

I called Milwaukee support twice today, I finally requested a picture from them via e-mail, no response yet. I was going to go back to Home Depot and cut open a box to figure it out.

I haven't felt this befuddled in long time, but then I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who struggle with this!

Phil