PDA

View Full Version : Flooring warehouses in Connecticut

Dan Mages
03-02-2009, 4:33 PM
Back when I was living in the Chicago/Milwaukee area, I used to buy flooring from a company called HOBO. They carried a large array of wood, tile, and stone flooring in stock at very reasonable deals. Most were liquidation specials from other stores or from manufacturers. They also carried cabinetry, plumbing, doors, tools, etc... but was mostly contractor grade or worse.

I was wondering if there might be a place like this in Connecticut. Does anyone know of a large warehouse type store that offers a wide variety of in stock tile and flooring?

Thanks!

Dan

Leo Graywacz
03-02-2009, 4:59 PM
Lumber liquidators

Mike Cutler
03-02-2009, 10:10 PM
Lumber Liquidators on Brainard road in Hartford. There is also one in the Bridgeport area, but I forget exactly where.

For tile;
Tile America in New Haven. They're right around the corner from Grand Lighting. They have an "Outlet/discontinued" section next to the main store.
Tile America, last I knew, had discontinued their relationshp with Villeroy and Boch? (sp.). If you need V&B tile, I know a guy in Niantic CT with contacts for their tile in Boston. Apparently V&B has discontinued tile to the North American market, or so I was told.