PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Gloat!

Arvin Brown
07-14-2004, 4:33 PM
Just returned from a wonderful week of fishing in Alaska. I now have a freezer full of salmon and halibut. A couple photos to make everyone sick with envy. The first one is taken at 10:30 pm, by our campsite. The second one is a sampling of the fish (I'm the one on the right).

Doug Jones
07-14-2004, 4:57 PM
that looks great. Some day,,,some day.

Bruce Page
07-14-2004, 5:46 PM
It is God's green earth! I was up in Kodiak week before last, I'm heading back up there Friday morning for 3 or 4 weeks.

Those are good looking fish! :eek:

Ken Garlock
07-14-2004, 6:03 PM
Beautiful country for sure. We took the inland tour back in 95 and it was great. When we overnighted at the Denali stop along the Alaska railroad in July, you could read the newspaper at 11:30PM, standing in the parking lot.

You make me want to go back, but not this year.... :(

You know, a person can get cognitive overload, there is so much to take in. :)

Randy Cox
07-14-2004, 6:08 PM
Very nice. Looks like the guy on the left end is holding the "bait" you used to catch the others...:) :D

Randy

larry merlau
07-15-2004, 1:56 PM
Just returned from a wonderful week of fishing in Alaska. I now have a freezer full of salmon and halibut. A couple photos to make everyone sick with envy. The first one is taken at 10:30 pm, by our campsite. The second one is a sampling of the fish (I'm the one on the right).

i too have been there and got some halibut and others as well, will be back someday for sure and the halibut is some of the best fish i ever had and i didnt find out how good till after i had given half of mine away :eek: but i wont make the same mistake again :) great people up there as well.. hope you can get back there again // good fishin and great country.glad we are an american.

Gary Whitt
07-15-2004, 2:45 PM
Lucky you!!!
If I fished from sun-up to sun-down there (23 hours), I'd wear myself out!

Lou Morrissette
07-15-2004, 5:15 PM
Great fish! Great country.:D

Dave Dionne
07-15-2004, 6:43 PM
Great Pics Thanks Arvin
I fished in Alaska back in the mid 70's been wanting to go back ever since, didn't fish for the flatties but did take some sizable silvers awesome fish on light to mid action tackle.

Thanks for the memories Dave