PDA

View Full Version : 12" Bridgewood TS - how to set blade at 45°?

Bob Elliott
03-02-2009, 1:45 PM
I have a Bridgewood 12" Table Saw that I bought in 2003. I do industrial measurements at work and set the table top to the blade using a couple of theodolites I brought home from work.

Last weekend I made a tool that picks up the miter slot with three bearings and measures the blade with a dial indicator. I measured the same tooth on the blade at the front and back and came up with 0.002" difference. I think I'll leave it alone.

I also put a Stabilla level against my fence and measured it along the entire length of the table. It is 0.005" wider at the outfeed end than the infeed end of the table. I'm leaving it alone too.

This morning on the way to work I was thininking that the blade coudl be out with resect to the miter slot if the trunions wern't in adjustment. I'm going to ste my blade at 45° and measure it when I get home. How do I go about adjusting my trunions if the blade isn't parallel to the miter slot at 45°?

John Thompson
03-02-2009, 8:53 PM
I see this got not answered today Bob as probably few are familar with the Bridgewood trunnions. But.. Curt Wilke of the former Wilke Machinery is as he knew his machines. I would give him a call and ask. He can be reached at his new business which is C. H. Wilke, Inc. and has a web-site so Google it and get the number.

Sarge..