PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly G0555

Thom Druga
07-14-2004, 3:33 PM
Has anyone installed a 93.5" blade on this bandsaw? This is my first bandsaw and I bought a TW blade to replace the one that came with the saw. I have the new blade on the wheels but it's real sloppy and not even close to fitting, let alone ready to tension. I've checked the manual but no luck. Before I contact Grizzly I thought I'd check here since there is an abundance of real experience on this site. Thanks.

Mark Kelly
07-14-2004, 4:12 PM
Check the manual on page 31. It says the blade is supposed to be 92 1/2" long. I think most 14" bandsaws are 93 1/2" but Grizzly for some reason is 1" shorter. When I bought my TW blades from Suffolk, they knew the length after I told them the model I had.

Perry Schmidt
07-14-2004, 4:21 PM
Grizzly has actually not updated their manuals - if you use the riser block you are suppose to thread the nut down on the tension rod about a 1/4". This gives the saw the extra 1" to use the 'standard' size blade w/ the riser block. No reason you couldn't do the same w/ the saw now. They just don't ship a 'standard' size blade...no idea why they don't w/out the riser block and do so with. But thread the nut down about 1/4" on the threaded adjusting rod and it should work just fine.

Perry

Chad Young
07-15-2004, 8:50 AM
I had the same problem and I called Grizzly and they had me turn the 2 nuts on the tension down about a 1/4" as Perry stated. After I did this it took a little time to get it set just right so that the tension guide was close to accurate. But now works great with the standard 93 1/2" blade.

Thom Druga
07-20-2004, 12:24 PM
After adjusting the spacers on the tension rod as suggested, I got the 93.5" blade to run. Thanks to all for your help.

Bruce Shiverdecker
07-20-2004, 9:41 PM
I have this saw and when I was cutting thin stock, no problem. I also bought the riser block. When cutting 9" and up, the blade wandered all over the place. Until now, I thought it was me. I'm going to make that adjustment. I will then probably be very happy with it again.

Thanks for the info.

Bruce

Bruce Shiverdecker
07-23-2004, 10:25 PM
UPdate Perry and Chad. Thanks guys! Did the 1/4" thingy and guess what. 1/16" strips even and wonderful.

Thanks for the help.

Bruce

Chad Young
07-26-2004, 8:19 AM
It is such a nice feeling when tool work the way they should.

Mark Kelly
07-26-2004, 9:48 AM
Bruce, what blade do you use to cut those strips? Thanks!

Perry Schmidt
07-27-2004, 12:26 AM
Bruce - glad I could help out. W/ all the experts on the site, when I can actually contribute something that hasn't already been suggested X times...it feels good!! :)

Chad - Frisco, eh?? I'm right around the corner - Allen, TX. Forum neighbors :) Til the day we run into each other...

Perry

Bruce Shiverdecker
07-30-2004, 9:37 PM
Sorry this took so long. Mark!

I was using a 4tpI Hook tooth blade.

Hope it's what you wanted to know.

Bruce