PDA

View Full Version : Stupid table saw rail question?

keith ouellette
03-01-2009, 11:08 PM
I think I asked this last year when I was planning to start this project but can't remember.

which side do you put the rails on a left tilt saw?

I have mine on the right so the blade will tilt away from the fence and thus my router table will be on the far right end.

Is that the correct way to set up?

Ken Fitzgerald
03-01-2009, 11:19 PM
Keith...I have a left tilt saw and that's where I put my guide rails. I don't however use a router attachment/table. I have a separate router table I use.

Rick Potter
03-02-2009, 12:19 AM
You got it right. If you put the table to the left, the blade would tilt toward the fence, negating the primary advantage of the left tilt feature.

Rick Potter

Aaron Berk
03-02-2009, 12:30 AM
I've always believed that yeah, the blade should tilt away from the fence. Here's a pic of how I do it, router to the far right.

keith ouellette
03-02-2009, 8:08 AM
I've always believed that yeah, the blade should tilt away from the fence. Here's a pic of how I do it, router to the far right.

Aron; what is the silver pipe running along the back of you table saw for?

Thank you all for the replies.

Rod Sheridan
03-02-2009, 8:21 AM
Aron; what is the silver pipe running along the back of you table saw for?

Thank you all for the replies.

Keith, it looks like a support for his overarm guard....Regards, Rod.

Aaron Berk
03-02-2009, 11:22 AM
Keith, it looks like a support for his overarm guard....Regards, Rod.

You got it Rod, but it also doubles as a path for my dust collection, kind of a covert thing:cool:
A modification I did to a ShopNotes project.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz-Kc-9k5uQ <--- This is the test before I did the Mod on the dust collection.

Chip Lindley
03-02-2009, 11:24 AM
Yanno! I cannot recall the last time I saw an extension table built to the LEFT on a right-tilt TS!!

By all *rights* right-tilt PM66's, etc. SHOULD have the ET to the left. Left-tilt Unisaws got it right to the *RIGHT*!

Biesemeyer used to offer their rails configured to the left of blade years ago. NotNoMoTho!