PDA

View Full Version : Ring Stand

Dave Halter
03-01-2009, 8:05 PM
Here's a ring stand that will be a gift to a family friend. This is also round 2 with the photo tent. This time I used a white background. The 3 photos are as follows: Standard exposure, +1/3 exposure, and +2/3 exposure.

Dave

Steve Schlumpf
03-01-2009, 8:22 PM
Dave

Nice looking ring holder!

I prefer the +2/3 setting as it brightens everything up a little. Depending on what program you are using for your photo editing - you may want to add a little color enhancement and a little sharpness to add detail to the ring holder. It is just a matter of personal taste and is only meant as something for you to play with as far as photos adjustments.

This is your photo with those slight adjustments as well as being sized to the max of 800x600 pixels. If it works for you - great. If not that's fine also. Just throwing something out for you to think about.

Dave Halter
03-01-2009, 8:54 PM
Dave

Nice looking ring holder!

I prefer the +2/3 setting as it brightens everything up a little. Depending on what program you are using for your photo editing - you may want to add a little color enhancement and a little sharpness to add detail to the ring holder. It is just a matter of personal taste and is only meant as something for you to play with as far as photos adjustments.

This is your photo with those slight adjustments as well as being sized to the max of 800x600 pixels. If it works for you - great. If not that's fine also. Just throwing something out for you to think about.

Steve,
That photo looks great. I have Corel Photo album that came with my computer, but since I never paid for the full version most of the functions don't work. I've been wanting to upgrade it for a long time so now I have an excuse.

Thanks,
Dave

Bernie Weishapl
03-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Good looking ring holder. You might try InfaView. It is free and easy to do adjustments to photo with.

John Beaver
03-01-2009, 11:14 PM
Dave, Nice looking ring holder.
As far as the photo goes. Bright white should be about 1 or more stops above exposure, so if your camera is exposing for the white you can go 1 full stop or more and still hold the exposure on the subject fine.

Harvey Schneider
03-02-2009, 1:04 PM
Good looking ring holder. You might try InfaView. It is free and easy to do adjustments to photo with.

That is Irfanview:

http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm

Thom Sturgill
03-02-2009, 2:55 PM

Do you mean IrfanView? I've used it for years. It will view almost any format and covert between them as well as resize/resample, crop, etc.