PDA

View Full Version : The wood,,,,,It screams at me...

Mark Norman
03-01-2009, 6:48 PM
Every time I throw a log in the wood stove...

I hear the bowls and artwork trapped inside.... Never to be seen...But it provides us with warmth:)

As,, when I start the trusty chainsaw,, to free the 'stuff inside the log'... It cheers...

New to the forum, and I thought I would share.

I bet some of you here hear what I'm talking about:p

Carry on....

curtis rosche
03-01-2009, 7:16 PM
i know what you mean, the only way i can justify not saving a peice that has figure in it is by looking at it till i find a crack that makes it unusable.

Mark Norman
03-11-2009, 12:13 AM
some nice live oak goin to an ash grave...But it keeps me warm:D

mike holden
03-11-2009, 10:16 PM
Mark,
I too feel the wood. I am absolutely convinced that a dryad (wood creature) lives in the piece of ambrosia maple that I used for the door on my first spice box. I can see her in the grain, most of the time, but sometimes not. It makes me feel good that she has remained in her home even after being felled and turned to lumber. Her approval means a lot to me.

Yeah, its a little wierd sounding, but that's how I feel.
Mike

Mark Norman
03-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Mark,
I too feel the wood. I am absolutely convinced that a dryad (wood creature) lives in the piece of ambrosia maple that I used for the door on my first spice box. I can see her in the grain, most of the time, but sometimes not. It makes me feel good that she has remained in her home even after being felled and turned to lumber. Her approval means a lot to me.

Yeah, its a little wierd sounding, but that's how I feel.
Mike
Not so weird Mike...

True art is when the wood and artist meld as one...I feel it strong sometimes, as if the art inside is wanting to experience birth...To be born into something that will last and last for many or even just a few to enjoy...kinda silly I guess... ok.. maybe a lil weird:)

Jeff Mohr
03-12-2009, 8:58 AM
i know what you mean, the only way i can justify not saving a peice that has figure in it is by looking at it till i find a crack that makes it unusable.

and that stops you, eh? I gotta try that.

My grandma keeps getting on me for taking all here firewood for the shop! When I load her up I always take a few select pieces for myself because they are too beautiful to be licked by the flames!