PDA

View Full Version : GREAT forum - please contribute!

Doug Hobkirk
03-01-2009, 3:54 PM
This is my favorite WW forum - Technically I love the easy formatting tools (not available unless you use the IE browser at FWW) and the clever pictures (thumbnails that can be easily expanded). People-wise I find the posters and responders include a large number of astute and generous people. And usability is greatly enhanced because SMC keeps old posts and pictures - I just read two huge postings on glues that were 5 years old.

I would be really sad if SMC disappeared. The price to become an official "contributor" is $6 for one year. I've gotten more value than that in responses to single questions.

Please help them. And please keep up the good work SMC! Thanks

JohnT Fitzgerald
03-01-2009, 3:57 PM
Doug, I couldn't agree with you more.

Just a question, and don't take this the wrong way - why does it show you're a "member" and not a "contributor"?

Glenn Clabo
03-01-2009, 4:38 PM
It should be noted that as a "Member" you only see the free side of SMC. The "Contributor" side has a number of advantages. Because of economics...many companies have decided to stop advertizing. This will cause a big change in how SMC will operate the free side. If you think SMC is worth it...you need to donate.

Joe Jensen
03-01-2009, 4:48 PM
$20 this year from me, this is one of my favorite relaxations.

Mark Norman
03-01-2009, 5:00 PM
I've been here what??? two days now... and I feel as if I have gained enough from the site to contribute:)

I appreciate the good info provided from the collective minds here.

I'll hang around,,, and talk to the wifey about throwin a few bucks at the site... She is a glutton for contributing to a good cause:D Me too:rolleyes:

Butch Spears
03-01-2009, 5:02 PM
Joe I also sent my $20 bucks in, a cheap year of info ,help and entertainment all in one.

jim sauterer
03-01-2009, 6:00 PM
i gave 20.00 this sight is better than all magazines with 80 percent advertising.i wish everybody would contribute.i would hate to see anything happen to this sight.the people here are a great bunch with lots of knowledge to share.please give.

Tony Bilello
03-01-2009, 6:58 PM
It's worth the 6 Bucks just to be able to have a photo album, which by the way, I noticed, that most 'Contributors' dont even use.

Doug Hobkirk
03-01-2009, 7:07 PM
...why does it show you're a "member" and not a "contributor"?

Damn good question! I guess it must have been over 12 months since I contributed??? I didn't get any notification, I don't see any ads... So I went and contributed and now it says "contributor"!

Pretty ironic that my attempt to raise money for SMC did just that - my money!

Thanks John

Jacob Griffith
03-01-2009, 7:35 PM
The "Contributor" side has a number of advantages.

What are the benefits of being a contributor (other than not being a free-rider..LOL)?

BOB OLINGER
03-01-2009, 7:47 PM
This site is one of the truly best. It's not only provided me with a ton of information, but also actually saved me a lot of dollars on several purchases just in the last few months. I heartily encourage all readers to financially support Sawmill.

Glenn Clabo
03-01-2009, 9:06 PM
Right now...FreeStuff Drawings...Separate Forum (LumberYard)...No ads...Classifieds...

But the most in my mind...respect for what Keith and his family does to keep this going.

John O'Brien
03-01-2009, 10:58 PM
I'm a new member also, and just became a "contributor" via paypal.

Thank you for sponsoring this great forum.

John

Randal Stevenson
03-01-2009, 11:52 PM
This is my favorite WW forum - Technically I love the easy formatting tools (not available unless you use the IE browser at FWW)
Please help them. And please keep up the good work SMC! Thanks

So, are you talking about another forum as well? FWW:p:D

Sorry, just had to give you a hard time.:cool: