PDA

View Full Version : Clamp Rack, Mobile -"Norms"

Daniel Rabinovitz
03-17-2003, 11:37 AM
Mobile Clamp Rack without clamps. Man! they're heavy. I couldn't get it outside with the clamps on it. But you wanted to see the construction anyway. eh!

Bob Lasley
03-17-2003, 11:59 AM
Daniel,

That's a neat idea using the holsters to organized your drills on the rack.

Bob

PeterTorresani
03-17-2003, 12:57 PM
Daniel,

Looks like somebody bought a new digital camera :) . I like the clamp rack and the miter saw table you posted. Mobility is key when you have a small shop.

Von Bickley
03-17-2003, 1:03 PM
Daniel,

I checked out all the photos you posted. All the work, clamp rack, miter saw station, and table saw cabinet looks great. Thanks for sharing your work with us.

Bob Oswin
03-17-2003, 2:16 PM
Originally posted by Daniel Rabinovitz
Mobile Clamp Rack without clamps. Man! they're heavy. I couldn't get it outside with the clamps on it. But you wanted to see the construction anyway. eh!

Hi Dan:

Nice job!
This is to be my next project so here's the big question?

If you were making it agian, What would you change?

Regards
Bob

Bruce Page
03-17-2003, 7:38 PM
Nice rack Dan. I’ve been collecting pictures of clamp racks for some time. One of these days I’m actually going to build one. In the meantime, this is my ‘rack’ with my budding Bessy collection - four brackets from the big box screwed into the studs. It’s not very efficient, especially if I need a length of ¾” black pipe.:confused:

Kevin Gerstenecker
03-17-2003, 9:06 PM
Awesome Garage Door Security Bruce! I would have never thought of it! :D

Seriously though, looks like it does the job for ya,

jack duren
03-17-2003, 9:32 PM
figure out what ta do with this mess? win a prize.:D ....jack

Kevin Gerstenecker
03-17-2003, 9:38 PM
You should pack all the clamps up and send them to me. Then, when you get a rack built to store them, I will pack them up and send them back. Honest, I will.....................no, really..............I will! :D

Sounds like a good plan for one of us! ;)

(By the way, what do I win? :p )

jack duren
03-17-2003, 9:55 PM
hum...."da bucket"....

well....after the racks built:D ....jack

Daniel Rabinovitz
03-18-2003, 10:05 AM
Bob Lasley
I used 1" screws with little brass cup like things to prevent the screws from going all the way through the material. Screws placed - two on top and one in bottom to prevent holster from rotating with the weight of the drills.

Peter Torresani
I run a website business and have had a Olympus C-2500L for several years so that I can hook it to a soft box in the house to photograph the small facades for the website. I've got about 1000 photos on the website.

Von
Very good. Thank you!

Dr. Bob Oswin
Yes, I would change the casters to larger ones. to make it easier to roll around. There are 28 various size K-Body clamps and various small clamps stored on it - so it takes some torque to get it moving and turn it around.