PDA

View Full Version : Corel - What I see isn't what is engraving

Debbie Sweet
03-01-2009, 3:09 PM
Hello Everyone

I haven't been on for a while due to a change in my life and business. But things are better and I'm using my laser again but having a HUGE problem with Corel that I have had for a while AND I MUST take care of it ASAP!!!

My problem is that what I see on my monitor is not what is engraving in that location. Meaning - most of the time it's off 1/4 - 1/2" the X axis. THEN when I try to move it - it doesn't recognize the move so I have to save, close, reopen. Most of the time this moves it (on some occasion it hasn't) I have resort moving the piece into place (after playing hit & miss). All of this monkeying around is very time consuming and VERY FRUSTRATING!!!:mad: And now it will be costing production dollars!!

I know it's Corel because I have it happen when I just paper print as well as using it on someone else's laser. Corel denied it was their fault when I went to the show 2 yrs ago (that's how long I have had it) PLUS I had it in version12 - bought 13 thinking it would go away and didn't.

I have downloaded all the updates and patches as suggested by JUST ANSWER. com but hasn't helped.

PLEASE PLEASE - anyone out there ever had this problem and rectified it??

I need help ASAP - have jobs waiting. THANK YOU - THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

Debbie

Larry Bratton
03-01-2009, 3:16 PM
Debbie:
Just as a matter of information, has an alignment been performed on your machine lately?

Dave Johnson29
03-01-2009, 3:50 PM
Meaning - most of the time it's off 1/4 - 1/2" the X axis.

Hi Debbie,

We need to take an analytical approach to this and in small steps. First off, do the "0" (Zeros) visible rulers (Left and top) on the Corel page conform to one of the corners of the displayed page?

My laser requires them to be at the bottom left corner but your laser may be different, but both top and left ruler zeroes must be where your laser expects to start at X,Y position 0,0.

If they are not, then go to the top left corner of the rulers and left-click and hold. Drag the two dotted lines to the corner you need and release the left button.

Debbie Sweet
03-01-2009, 3:55 PM
Hello Larry

Yes I have. That wouldn't explain why it doesn't recognize when I move/correct the artwork - though.

Debbie Sweet
03-01-2009, 3:59 PM
Hi Dave

Yes - I always start my artwork with the 0's in my top left corner.

Mike Null
03-01-2009, 4:06 PM
Debbie

I suggest you watch this tutorial by Roy Brewer. Chances are something in the settings you've established for Corel may be causing your problems.

http://www.engravingconcepts.com/swf_files/CorelDefaults.html

Scott Shepherd
03-01-2009, 4:13 PM
What laser are you using?

Dave Johnson29
03-01-2009, 5:19 PM
Yes - I always start my artwork with the 0's in my top left corner.

OK, go to Tools / Options / Workspace and Export the workspace. That will make a copy you can later import back in with all the current settings.

Close Corel down completely.

Hold the F8 (Function F8 in the function keys F1 through F12 and not the "F" and the "8") and start Corel.

You will be asked if you want to reset the factory defaults. Answer "yes".

Open a new workspace. Make sure the zeroes are where they should be for your laser and draw a rectangle, send it to the laser and see what it does.

Debbie Sweet
03-01-2009, 5:21 PM
I have a 25 W Mercury/Pinnacle (GCC)

fred sanchez
03-01-2009, 8:33 PM
debbie check to see in corel under print then layout that you dont have fit to page checked
make sure as to document is checked

just a thought