PDA

View Full Version : Wanna buy some rocks????

Dave Johnson29
03-01-2009, 1:49 PM
Hi All,

Talk about dumb luck. For reasons unknown to me still, I picked up a rock from the yard and tossed it under the laser. I guess the rock is some sort of volcanic thing. Anyone hazard a guess on the black lettering?

Nothing is safe, if I can get the Big Black Dog (BBD) to stop wriggling I may try a name and address on him. ;)

Maybe I should be selling rocks instead of laser work. :D:D

John Noell
03-01-2009, 2:04 PM
I love it!! Great find Dave!

Angus Hines
03-01-2009, 2:14 PM
Well knowing where you are Dave I would guess it to be some sort of sandstone.

Dee Gallo
03-01-2009, 2:32 PM
Oh great.... now I'm going to have to scour the yard for rocks to burn. Lucky (?) for me, we are still covered in snow, so it will have to wait. With my advanced age now, I'll probably forget by the time Spring gets here.;)

But we do have some really nice local red sandstone here which just might come out well..... hmmm!

:rolleyes:dee

Dave Johnson29
03-01-2009, 3:02 PM
Well knowing where you are Dave I would guess it to be some sort of sandstone.

Hi Angus,

You may well be correct. I can see the Painted Desert from my front porch. Probably 5 miles to the North.

Bill Cunningham
03-01-2009, 9:50 PM
Hi Angus,

You may well be correct. I can see the Painted Desert from my front porch. Probably 5 miles to the North.

The "Painted Desert".. I remember my father took me to see that movie (Walt Disney) when I was about 6 or so.. It was on with, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.. The second movie pointed me in the direction I would go for the next 45 years, the first one told me 'some snakes crawl sideways..so much for Walt.... :D

Frank Corker
03-02-2009, 7:37 AM
Dave, lift it up and have a look underneath, sometimes there is a lot of information about rocks engraved on the bottom. Hope that helps.

Dave Johnson29
03-02-2009, 10:22 AM
sometimes there is a lot of information about rocks engraved on the bottom.

Arrrggghhh, {slap to head} Of course, why didn't I think of that. Once again Frank, you are the man. ;)