PDA

View Full Version : Add miter/T slot on Grizzly G1023SLWX on end of Router table?

Kevin Downs
02-28-2009, 11:24 PM
Now that I have the Table Saw/Router Table I've lusting after for too long - the Grizzly G1023SLWX I would like some suggestions about adding a miter/T slot to the end for the router table part.

It looks like the fence (classic Shop Fox) rails will need to be cut because they won't allow for a miter/T slot to pass. See pictures. Once there is space I can mount the slot to either/both the table or fence rails.

Am I on the right track? Does anyone know of others doing something similar?

Thanks for your thoughts/help.

Kevin

Jim O'Dell
03-01-2009, 10:01 AM
You won't have any problems if you notch the angle iron for the slots. I moved my Biese fence all the way to the right on my TS, and had to cut a notch for the right side miter slot. You aren't cutting that much metal away. I used my demolition saw (PC Tigersaw) with a metal cutting blade, and cleaned it up with an angle grinder. Painted the exposed metal to keep it from rusting.
Are you going to mount the miter track onto the CI router top edge? Or are you making a small wood extension table to attach to the CI top to put the track in? If the latter, make sure it is deep enough to handle the miter track and still have some meat under it to keep it together and flat. Maybe go with 2 layers of 3/4" material. This will also give you something for the miter track to screw into. Jim.

John Thompson
03-01-2009, 12:10 PM
Ditto Jim as it won't affect the rail structully.

Sarge..