PDA

View Full Version : Leigh D4 dovetail jig gloat!

brett gallmeyer
02-28-2009, 5:23 PM
So i just thought i would post this gloat.
I just picked up a used "only 1 project" Leigh D4 24" Dovetail jig from my boss for $50! Its a bit dusty and missing 1 bit, but i think its a steal :)!

Obviously i know the rule, no pics didn't happen. so yes i will be posting pics shortly, i was just too excited and had to share it right away.

Jim Kountz
02-28-2009, 5:41 PM
Ok for now you are ok, but when you post those pics, THEN you will suck!!

Congrats, you're gunna luv it!!

Bob Falk
02-28-2009, 9:22 PM
So i just thought i would post this gloat.
I just picked up a used "only 1 project" Leigh D4 24" Dovetail jig from my boss for $50! Its a bit dusty and missing 1 bit, but i think its a steal :)!

Obviously i know the rule, no pics didn't happen. so yes i will be posting pics shortly, i was just too excited and had to share it right away.

...when I bought my 24" Leigh about 10 years ago for $100....included about 10 Leigh bits, some never used.....cost me a few more bucks to upgrade with the D4 clamps...thinking about the dust collection....

Bryan Berguson
02-28-2009, 9:37 PM
That is a sweet deal! Leigh makes an impressive dovetail jig and I'm sure you'll love it. Mine is probably my favorite tool to use.

Bryan

Michael Weber
02-28-2009, 9:42 PM
Now that just makes me mad!;)

Steve Kohn
02-28-2009, 10:01 PM
I sure hope your boss is not a member of this forum, considering how you are gloating about the price to got the jig for!

Jim McFarland
02-28-2009, 11:20 PM
<snip>...thinking about the dust collection....

Leigh VRS for dust collection is one of my best tool purchases.

Without VRS: chips all over the floor, my shirt and in my shoes after 1 board
With VRS: vacuuming a few chips after the project

I highly recommend the VRS if you have a Leigh jig. Also provides a nice support area for the router between boards. Apply a bit of wax to router base, VRS and the jig fingers for better results.

brett gallmeyer
02-28-2009, 11:39 PM
I sure hope your boss is not a member of this forum, considering how you are gloating about the price to got the jig for!

thats funny cause i actually told him about this forum while i was buying it from him.

brett gallmeyer
03-01-2009, 1:04 PM
so just to throw a question out there.

whats the difference between the leigh d4 24" and the newer leigh d4r 24"?

i'm sure ill have lots more questions to come about this jig.

Bob Genovesi
03-01-2009, 1:51 PM
Ok for now you are ok, but when you post those pics, THEN you will suck!!

Congrats, you're gunna luv it!!

I was thinking the same thing! I think I paid close to $400 for mine....