PDA

View Full Version : New blade parallel issue...(PLEASE HELP!)

Chris Konikowski
02-28-2009, 5:08 PM
OK, I thought my allignment was just not holding, but now I discovered something. If I put the a-line it deal at the front (nearest to the operator) side of the blade and zero the indicator, then raise and lower the blade, I get about .004 play. If I do the same on the back side of the blade, I get about .014" play. I really don't need to raise the blade, just barely start to move the blade up or down...really just load the gears one way or the other.

What the hell is going on here. Did I get screwed when I picked this saw up or is this something I can tighten or adjust?

I am at a loss here. I am in desperate need of help.

I am willing to pay someone to come help me allign this saw or diagnose the issue. I don't know what a fair price would be, but let me know what it should be....:(

BTW, I am in Houston-NW side...

Ray Dockrey
02-28-2009, 8:06 PM
What kind of saw?

Chris Konikowski
02-28-2009, 8:17 PM
It is a grizzly G0576 2 HP contractors saw...

Mac McQuinn
02-28-2009, 9:00 PM
Sounds like it needs a good cleaning and alignment. Sometimes if a saw has not been set-up in awhile, the grease will congeal and harden enough to binds things up a bit as you crank the blade up and down. This can cause distortion in blade parallel through it's travel.

Do you have the manual?, if not I'm sure Grizzly can supply this. It should show a parts breakdown and adjustment instructions.
All the old grease needs to be removed and you need to set the trunnion up. After de-greasing it, loosen 3 of the 4 mounting bolts allowing the trunnion to pivot on one. Install either a known quality blade or a new one. Check your setting and adjust the trunnion. Tighten the 3 bolts and re-check. You may have to go back due to movement from tightening. Make sure you put new grease on your travel splines.

Mac