PDA

View Full Version : Source for PVC fittings????

Donald Hofmann
07-13-2004, 6:04 PM
Hi,

I am starting to work on planning the runs for a new dust collection system. I plan on running 6" S&D pipe.

I am looking for a source for a wye. Not a y but aY

Thanks,

Donald

Terry Hatfield
07-13-2004, 10:23 PM
Donald,

Assuming you've tried your local plumbing stores....

Every PVC fitting known to man is available at McMaster and Carr. Here is the link.

http://www.mcmaster.com/

Terry

Terry Hatfield
07-13-2004, 10:29 PM
Donald,

Ah...dummy reread thread and get true meaning of question. :o

I have never seen a true "Y" in PVC. That doesn't mean that there isn't one, but I've sure never seen one. Is there some reason the regular "y" won't work for you??

Terry

Donald Hofmann
07-14-2004, 7:52 AM
Terry,

My dc pipe will be running along the wall (ceiling height) behind the motor on the cyclone. It goes left AND right of the cyclone. (hope that this makes sense)

I will be coming out of the cyclone then looping back towards the wall where I need to attach it to the pipe. I thought that the Y would use less fittings and make it look more symmetrical and nicer :)

Donald

Mac McAtee
07-14-2004, 9:11 AM
I am looking for a source for a wye. Not a y but aY

Make one out of a "T", a 45° elbow and a real short piece of pipe. Or a "T" two 45° elbows and two real short pieces of pipe.

Gary Whitt
07-14-2004, 9:38 AM
We see...
why it's wise to want a wye (Y) instead of a wy (y).
:rolleyes:

Mike Evertsen
07-14-2004, 12:40 PM
maybe a metal one will work. I used 4" S&D and found that with a wrap of duct tape around the end the metal and plastic 4" fits the couplings.

Terry Hatfield
07-14-2004, 12:44 PM
Donald,

Understand now but I don't think your going to find one in PVC. You could use a metal one as prevuiously suggested or just use a 45 degree fitting on the straight part of the "y" and you get basically the same effect as a real "Y".

Terry

Donald Hofmann
07-14-2004, 4:19 PM
Thanks Terry,

I think that I would rather use the 2 pieces of pvc, instead of the metal.