PDA

View Full Version : Blue Marble Acrylic?????

Eric Jackson
02-28-2009, 10:48 AM
Hello, I am looking for blue marble acrylic. The same as Laserbits offers, but I am wanting to buy at a cheaper price. No offense to Laserbits, but I am sure someone out here knows of a supplier at a supplier price. Any help is appreciated.

By the way, I am looking at using this as a fund raiser for the Children's Home. It helps them greatly and might pay off the rest of my laser!!!!!
Just wanted to share with you in case their is a charity that can use your creative expertise.

Steve Clarkson
02-28-2009, 11:18 AM
Have you looked for a local acrylic supplier? Once you find one, you can get almost any color.

Were you sharing the fact that we should be doing work for charities? I think most people know that.......what would be helpful is if you shared what you were doing for this charity with the blue marble acrylic......

Rodne Gold
02-28-2009, 11:31 AM
Rowmark make a flexibrass in a blue marbleled finish that engraves gold , you can stick this onto black cheap 3mm extruded.
Charity work is very noble , we prefer to donate a once off amount to a central charity distribution fund , cos we get about 10 requests a week for donations and charitable causes and it gets way out of hand.

Eric Jackson
03-02-2009, 9:20 PM
We are looking at engraving and vectoring Christmas ornaments for the Alabama Baptist Children's Homes. This is a state wide organization that receives a large support from Southern Baptist Churches. The thought is to sale these ornaments with a picture, logo and Christmas 2009, to the children's home and in turn they sale them for donations. The ABCH is looking to offer these at a donation of ten dollars. Minus my rate, this will be a huge fund raiser for the Children around Christmas time. There will be a deadline for oders, but with 3,500 Southern Baptist Churches in Alabama, we are hoping to raise substanial funds for these kids.

I agree, you cannot do for every charity, but we can help somewhere.

Steve Clarkson
03-02-2009, 9:55 PM
That's impressive Eric.....at 100 per church, that's alot of blue acrylic!

Although I haven't done it, for such a potentially large order, I would call Laserbits, give them an estimate of what you need and see if they'll negotiate their price any........

Oh, and I can knock off 10-15,000 if you need any help.