PDA

View Full Version : Apology to the Mods

Belinda Barfield
02-28-2009, 9:01 AM
I apologize for having made your job harder than it already was. I get caught up in the typically civil banter we all participate in here. I didn't stop to think about how strongly people will defend their convictions. Thanks for all you do. :)

Larry Edgerton
02-28-2009, 3:06 PM
Suckup! :)

Ken Fitzgerald
02-28-2009, 3:27 PM
Larry...she is and we appreciate it!:D

Chris Padilla
02-28-2009, 3:36 PM
We appreciate your thoughts...great group of people around here.

Thanks, Belinda. :)

James Jaragosky
02-28-2009, 4:30 PM
We appreciate your thoughts...great group of people around here.

Thanks, Belinda. :)
Belinda: Is that your first locked post?
I have not had a thread locked yet; but I have had one moved.
I must say you are always on the cutting edge.:)
I can not wait to see what you get into next.:D
Thanks for keeping things interesting!
Jim J.

John Keeton
02-28-2009, 4:55 PM
I agree it was a difficult and fast moving thread - and, Belinda's apology is first class! But, it did produce some good discussion:rolleyes: Many of us who posted probably are more to blame than anyone - and for my contributions, I offer up my apologies as well.

Maybe next time Belinda, you could start something benign - maybe another Festool thread, or US made vs. anything else. Just some thoughts;)

David G Baker
02-28-2009, 5:14 PM
Belinda, Please never, never start a thread about SawStop or PC vs Mac. :D
I have enjoyed the threads you start they are entertaining, enlightening and a few just downright funny. Keep it up, you are a tremendous asset to SMC and great at apologizing.

Belinda Barfield
02-28-2009, 6:06 PM
You all are so nice! You all have me blushing and crying at the same time. I sometimes wonder if I even have any business here since I really am not a woodworker, but I laser engrave so I guess it's okay.

Belinda: Is that your first locked post?
I can not wait to see what you get into next.:D
Jim J.

Jim, I think it is my first locked post. My first ever post should have been a sign as I innocently posted some information that blew the lid off of one thread. I have no idea how many posts in that thread were edited or straight out deleted.

What am I up to next? Well, after St. Pat's - which is always an adventure here, I'm hosting the Wild Wacky Wonderful Women's Spring Fling for 16 women at a state park. Both events have great promise for entertaining stories. ;)

As for being good at apologizing, one tends to get good at something if one has to do it enough.:rolleyes:

Dewey Torres
02-28-2009, 6:12 PM
I got my first one locked at around 1600 posts. If you haven't already you will get there if you post enough. Once a thread gets out of hand it is better for the mods to take it down or it gets viral. For every one we see there are probably many more behind the scenes. That is the mods doing their job.

Belinda... I vote rutabaga.:D

Ted Calver
02-28-2009, 11:50 PM
What hapened?? I was out buying more ammo :)

Sonny Edmonds
03-01-2009, 11:58 AM
I see they removed my post to your topic, Belinda.
No sweat, not the first time. Not by a long shot.
(Of which I have made many (successfully) while hunting for meat for my Family.)
Censorship at it's best! :D ;)

Belinda Barfield
03-01-2009, 12:08 PM
Censorship at it's best! :D ;)

Sonny, I always enjoy your posts, and appreciate you taking the time share your thoughts and opinions. I would like to, respectfully, disagree with you that what happened was censorship.

This is Keith's house, and the mods are his family members. If I am invited to visit Keith's house I am expected to abide by his rules. If I offend Keith and his family he can ask me nicely not to repeat the offending act. If I do, he has the choice to give me a stronger warning, or ask me to leave. Ultimately, I can be forcibly removed from his home, and refused admission ever again. I would really, really like to be allowed to continue my visits here.

If I have my mouth duct taped for voicing my opinion on the street corner . . . now that, my friend, is some censorship right there! :)

Scott Donley
03-01-2009, 12:19 PM
What am I up to next? Well, after St. Pat's - which is always an adventure here, I'm hosting the Wild Wacky Wonderful Women's Spring Fling for 16 women at a state park. Both events have great promise for entertaining stories. ;)

Sounds like a road trip ! :D

Belinda Barfield
03-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Sounds like a road trip ! :D

For sure Scott! I've had a couple of members contact me asking whether they should let their wives know about the WWWWSF. It sounds much grander than it is. St. Pat's? That's a road trip worth making.

The weekend at the state park is just a get together for a group of ladies for the purpose of drinking Bloody Marys and Margaritas, fishing, hiking, playing golf, eating S'mores by the campfire, rocking on the porch, playing cards, just general relaxation. Random acts of silliness will be committed. I am known in the group as "Fearless Instigator". Guess I should have warned the Creek about that before I joined up.

Sonny Edmonds
03-01-2009, 2:45 PM
If I have my mouth duct taped for voicing my opinion on the street corner . . . now that, my friend, is some censorship right there! :)

That is probably coming, Belinda. There is already mearmerings to stop particular talk shows on radio.

I don't really care one way or the other. I've rubbed moderators the wrong way before. I come to woodworking forums (several) to share my experiance with others.
Should I be banned for also sharing some other opinions as well, well, it's their loss, not mine.
This is, after all, off topics.
We are in perilous times, Sweetheart. Some of us believe we are seeing bad things happen. People in power, even here, need to monitor themselves as well with what they do.
I've recently seen a moderator replaced on one forum. And lo and behold, you can actually converse there again.
You have a great day! It's so balmy here the wife and Grandson are in the spa. Just checked and it's 81 dee-greez.
Oh, and we have two families of birds with little ones on our patio!
I LOVE spring! :)

Dave Verstraete
03-01-2009, 3:24 PM
Wow...I lose my internet for two days and look what I miss....I don't even know what I missed. Keep up the good work Belinda.

Phyllis Meyer
03-01-2009, 4:14 PM
I missed it, darn it...I love a good read...especially from Belinda!

Sincerely,
Phyllis:)

Dennis Peacock
03-01-2009, 5:08 PM
Belinda,

Thanks for your thread and your responses. Anything we do in our moderating duties is to uphold the SMC TOS as best we know how. It's nothing personal, just that as you have stated, there are rules and we all have to abide by them...even us mods. :rolleyes: ;)

Keith Outten
03-01-2009, 6:04 PM
Sonny,

I edited your post but didn't remove it.
I removed a derogatory remark you made about a machine that didn't include any facts to back up the statement. You made no mention of owning or even using the machine in question. Editing your remark may have saved you from a legal challenge, remember you are legally responsible for anything you post publicly. At the same time I was protecting SawMill Creek, wouldn't it be a shame for thousands of people here to lose a Community they truly enjoy over such an issue.

I have never hidden the fact that I am protective of the majority here and as such I don't get too concerned with an individuals rights or what they perceive to be their rights. We have six years behind us and I hope we have 106 years ahead of us for all to enjoy. The SawMill Creek server is physically located in my workshop office, when you visit The Creek you truly are a guest in my shop. I only ask that people show me and my friends who visit the same courtesy that others would expect of visitors to their workshop or their home.

Thanks Belinda for the apology, but it wasn't necessary. We all make mistakes, the ones that are not forgivable are when we hurt ourselves physically in the shop or ruin a beautiful piece of wood :)

:) :) :)