PDA

View Full Version : Bit the bullet

Dave Russell Smith
02-27-2009, 4:45 PM
After doing what many people have done before me, I've decided to take the plunge and will be ordering my Epilog EXT60w :eek: this afternoon,
I wanted to thank everyone for their advise and support and especially a fellow Brit Frank :cool: who steered me in the right direction. So now the learning begins and I guess I'll be begging for more help down the road, so I'll look forward to the support and comedy :) I've seen on this site.

Anthony Welch
02-27-2009, 5:02 PM
Welcome Dave. Learning it all isn't the problem... it's remembering it all. Glad you're with us!

Anthony

Frank Corker
02-27-2009, 5:16 PM
Congrats big boy!

Steve Clarkson
02-27-2009, 5:48 PM
We expect to see some really cool stuff out of you......

Larry Bratton
02-27-2009, 5:48 PM
And it is a BIG BOY! 36 x 24 with 60 Glorius watts! You'll love it.

Dave Russell Smith
02-27-2009, 7:00 PM
Congrats big boy!
"Frank" I'am not a big boy and don't call me shirley:D

Anthony Scira
02-27-2009, 9:02 PM
You will love it. Sometimes I wish I went for a bigger table size.

Way to go on stimulating the economy !

David Fairfield
02-28-2009, 3:40 PM
Awesome! The first weeks of owning the thing is a thrill, it is fun and it is scary! Just wait till you hear your first "crunch"! heh heh, you'll be so glad to have Epilog's tech department there when you need 'em. :p Speaking from personal experience, of course :D I've had my Epilog for a few years now, I don't crunch anything anymore but its still a lotta fun to use. :)

Dave

Steve Clarkson
02-28-2009, 6:45 PM
Awesome! The first weeks of owning the thing is a thrill, it is fun and it is scary! Just wait till you hear your first "crunch"! heh heh, you'll be so glad to have Epilog's tech department there when you need 'em. :p Speaking from personal experience, of course :D I've had my Epilog for a few years now, I don't crunch anything anymore but its still a lotta fun to use. :)

Dave

David, How many years do I have to wait until the crunching stops?????

Mike DeRegnaucourt
02-28-2009, 8:26 PM
Hi Dave!

Congratulations! I have the same model and wattage. You'll love it! I've had the machine almost 2-yrs now and I have not had a single problem. :D I think down the road you will be glad you went with the bigger table.

Best wishes and look forward to what you will share with us all in the future. :)

David Fairfield
02-28-2009, 10:31 PM

Heh heh, depends on your ambition/competency ratio. I removed the auto focus plunger from my machine and trained myself to never, ever click auto focus. That helped. But mostly I engrave flat stuff now :o

Remember the first time the auto focus plunger whacked the ruler bar when it returned to the home position, and you saw it scrunch over and you didn't know it was mounted on a spring? :eek: LOL

Dave

Peck Sidara
03-01-2009, 2:04 PM
Dave,

Congrats and thank you for your business. There's lots to learn from the folks here on the creek and we're all here to help.

John W. Love
03-01-2009, 2:21 PM
How many years do I have to wait until the crunching stops?????

Steve, the crunching will stop right about the time you discover you need hearing aids...then once you get your new hearing aid you will discover that it has resumed. :D

Bill Cunningham
03-01-2009, 9:39 PM

Crunching? never mind the crunching, it's the screeching/shattering/smoking/ and grinding noises that will 'really' rattle your wallet..:eek: All of course, are quickly followed by a vast assortment of choice statements salted liberally with family surprising expletives :mad:

Justin Harrington
03-02-2009, 1:00 PM
I currently have a 75 Watt EX and will hopefully have my new 75 Watt EXT before the end of the week - I can't wait. I've had the EX for around 5 years definatley time for an upgrade. I'll post some pics when it arrives. Peck if you're reading this make sure it's on that plane TODAY:D