PDA

View Full Version : antivirus 360

Linda Tetreault
02-27-2009, 12:49 PM
I'm trying to delete this A360 from my computer, does anyone know of a solution. It won't let me uninstall or delete, I've tried restore with no solution.

I've googled for solutions, but all require to buy programs, but there's so many bogus programs I'm not sure what's legitimate. Sure hope someone can help.:(

Darius Ferlas
02-27-2009, 1:08 PM
You can try manual removal.
Instructions are here (http://www.wiki-security.com/wiki/Parasite/Antivirus360/).

Linda Tetreault
02-27-2009, 2:07 PM
Darius,

Thanks, when I did the recommended search I found an uninstall that I didn't find before. It seems to have done the trick at least I hope so.

David G Baker
02-27-2009, 3:05 PM
I got a nasty malware the other day that ZoneAlarm caught before it got my computer. Haven't heard of A360 yet.

Matt Meiser
02-27-2009, 3:06 PM
Are you talking about Norton 360 or a virus call antivirus 360. Either is bad...

Jim Becker
02-27-2009, 8:33 PM
"Anti-Virus 360" is a scam...one of many similar that just have variants on the names. These things hold your PC hostage, hoping to get you to pay to remove them and may do other damage, too. They are very cleverly designed to fool folks into thinking that their own virus protection software is "triggering" and may even have official looking logos and graphical designs to promote the scam.

Some of these are darn hard to remove from your machine, too.

David Freed
02-27-2009, 8:44 PM
I had the same thing in my computer a while back. Malwarebytes took care of it for me.

Paul Greathouse
02-27-2009, 10:42 PM
Sounds similar to the one my computer picked up the other day. Called itself "Spyware 2000". I was paging through video's on a video site that I haven't frequented in a while. When I reached page 6, Whamo, my computer got nailed and there was nothing I could do to stop it. I could still get to my desktop and log onto the internet but I couldn't open anything other than my homepage.

I took it to a friend of mine and he got rid of it with a program called "Avast". I'm going to try Avast for the 60 day trial and see how it works out. He uninstalled Mcaffe due to it missing this attack and the fact that its such a resourse hog. My computer boots up much faster now with Mcafee gone.

David G Baker
02-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Ah, now I remember the Mal-ware that I got on my computer a little over a year ago. If I had been a skilled hacker I would have tried my best to locate the individual or company that caused the problem for me and would have made their life as miserable as they did for thousands of others.

Frank Hagan
02-28-2009, 1:00 AM
Sounds similar to the one my computer picked up the other day. Called itself "Spyware 2000". I was paging through video's on a video site that I haven't frequented in a while. When I reached page 6, Whamo, my computer got nailed and there was nothing I could do to stop it. I could still get to my desktop and log onto the internet but I couldn't open anything other than my homepage.

I took it to a friend of mine and he got rid of it with a program called "Avast". I'm going to try Avast for the 60 day trial and see how it works out. He uninstalled Mcaffe due to it missing this attack and the fact that its such a resourse hog. My computer boots up much faster now with Mcafee gone.

Avast! is a good free anti-virus program. I switch between it and AVG-free, another solid free program. Both have a much smaller "footprint" in regards to your system resources than either McAfee or Norton (I personally think Norton is the worst!)

AVG-Free has some extra features that will warn you if links are to known malware.

One thing that's not often mentioned is that you should always use the most recent version of your internet browser. If you are using IE or Firefox, upgrade to the latest version as soon as you can. The exploits that have been plugged on the browser side, and the extra features added to alert you to phony links and dangerous content, are an important part of your security regimen.