PDA

View Full Version : .plt to .cdr?

Mike Ross
02-27-2009, 11:31 AM
Good Morning,

Looking for a way to convert a .plt file to a .cdr. Any suggestions or advice? Appreciate your thoughts.

Mike Ross

Joe Pelonio
02-27-2009, 11:44 AM
My Gerber vinyl program uses .plt files. I sometimes export them as .eps or .ai then import into Corel.

I have tried the corel .plt import filter but it won't work, it's meant for strictly hpgl .plt files, and mine are proprietary Gerber .plt files. Some of the other vinyl/plotter .plt files are also different from standard hpgl.

Gary Hair
02-27-2009, 1:42 PM
If you have access to any type of cad program you could import the plt file and export to - dxf, igs, etc, and then import into Corel.

Carl Sewell
02-27-2009, 2:16 PM
Do you have CorelDraw? X3 will open (or import) PLT files. And previous versions will import PLT files.

Mike Ross
02-27-2009, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys, before I asked for help, I tried to open/import in auto cad, rhino, corel draw, illustrator, photoshop. My apologies for not saying that up front.

Solved it by having someone else with the gerber software it was created in, exporting as a cdr.

Apparently the gerber software does not save as an importable .plt into the above software. So apparantly not all .plt files are the same. Glad this only comes up occasionaly.

Especially appreciate the phone call Joe, you are a superstar!

Thanks again,

Mike Ross